Prologue

The purple and green colors bruised the sky along the sunset, setting in front of us. My family and I are watching a film while my brother, Gabriel, and sister, Camila, are all playing Uno.

Gabriel is starting his fourth year of high school while Camila is going to be an eighth grader. It's been so weird to see them grow up and not see them as babies anymore. Well, except for Gabriel because he was born before I was born.

They both looked amazing at their age. Camila has dark brown hair from our mom, while Gabriel has completely black hair from our dad. But they both have brown eyes.

I place down my last card, yelling in victory, "I win!"

"Hey, that's not fair! You were hiding it!" Gabriel complained while Camila nodded in agreement.

"Ugh, fine. We'll play another round." I say as I gather all the cards and start to shuffle them while my siblings wait.

I love having my siblings. They make up my personality, and most importantly, they make my whole life better. I don't know what I would do without them.

I finished shuffling the cards and started passing seven cards to them, and I placed the card on the ground.

"I'll go first this time!" Camila smiled as she placed her card down. We started playing and continued after an hour.

We eventually got tired and ended the game, so we sat on the couch and noticed that our parents had already fallen asleep. I grabbed a blanket next to me and placed it over them.

They looked so peaceful while sleeping. I planted a kiss on my mom's cheek and left the room to brush my teeth and floss.

Camila and Gabriel went back to their rooms after we ended the game.

I plopped down on my bed, making myself comfortable as I lay down on my bed and took my book from my bedside table, and started reading the following text.

Later, I read twenty chapters and yawned tiredly, indicating that my eyes wanted to sleep. I took my bookmark and set it on the page I left off and put it back on my bedside table.

I didn't bother to check the time and closed off my lamp, getting ready to sleep.

■ □ □ □ ■

"Ramona, wake up! Please wake up!"

I fluttered my eyes open to see Gabriel with a terrified expression and had taken off the blanket that was snuggling me and had repeatedly shaken me.

"What happened? What's wrong?" I immediately start to get worried.

"I can't find Camila... I checked her room, bathroom, everywhere in this goddamn house!" He started trembling vigorously.

I stood frozen in my spot.

Camila? She wouldn't go out this early. That's not how she is. She's more of an introverted and shy person except when she's with us.

I went outside of my room, checking the kitchen, laundry, and our parents' room, which they are also looking for her, Gabriel's room, and Camila's room, basically going through every room in this house.

"Do you know where she may have gone? Is her phone with her?" I start asking questions continuously as my breath shortens with every word.

"I didn't see her phone in her room, and her bed sheets are messy like she went somewhere," Gabriel explains.

I immediately go back to my room, grabbing my phone quickly, and calling her.
I then hear loud yelling from the other side of the call.

I pressed the speaker button, and the rest of my family came towards me.