Chapter 23

One day of finals is done, two more to go. Today, I had my English 3 and US History final.

I think I did well on both of them. It's also not because I had studied ten days straight...

You gotta do what you gotta do.

My parents don't enforce me studying everyday, they encourage me to at least do four hours of studying.

It might seem like it's bad, but it's not that bad.

■ □ □ □ ■

After studying for Algebra 2 and Chemistry, I put all of my final things back in my binder, and I sprawl myself on my bed.

I'm exhausted.

It's worth it in the end, though.

I check the time, seeing it is already 7 pm. I groan in tiredness as I get up and use my bathroom. After that, I go downstairs to have dinner with my parents.

"How were today's finals?" My mom asks me as she bites into her food.

"Really good. I'm confident I got 95 percent on english and history." I answer her, taking my fork and swirling my noodles.

"That's great! We're so proud of you, mijo." She gives me a loving smile.

My dad makes an uncomfortable shift in his seat and makes an announcement to me, "Ramona, we've talked about that you can bring your friends to the resort after finals week. Talk to them, maybe they'll like it. We'll leave on the 22nd of December."

My eyes widen in shock. "Really?!" I exclaim with happiness, and I get up from my seat to hug my dad and my mom.

After dinner, I washed all the dishes and turned on the dishwasher machine.

I turned off the kitchen lights and went upstairs to my room. I trudge over to my bathroom, and I do my nighttime routine as always.

Later, I turn on my lamp and turn off the main light in my room. I get comfortable in my bed, throwing my blanket over me, and I read the last three chapters of my book, which took me an hour and a half to finish.

I'm not kidding. When I finished, I yawned tiredly and put my book on the bedside table. I put my alarm for school tomorrow, and I turn off my lamp.

I snug myself in my bed, and I fall asleep immediately.

■ □ □ □ ■

I dreamt of Camila. I was in my room reading as always, and then I heard shuffling.

I put my book down and came face to face with Camila.

One thing I take in difference is that she looks much older than four years ago. She has her curly black hair made half up, half down. She's wearing a blue blouse with white jeans. She's also wearing a tint of mascara and lipstick. She looks about fifteen years old.

"Camila? This is not real. I don't believe it." I immediately jump into question, and I hug her lunging myself onto her.

Camila says something out of the ordinary.  "No doofus. I'm the boogeyman."

"How? How is this possible?" I ask her.

"It's not possible, but it was my choice to visit you. I already visited Gabriel in his dream. Also, mom and dad." She says as if she thinks this is normal.

"I missed you." I state as I take her hand in mine.

"I missed you too, goofball. Anyway, I've seen you have gotten yourself a boyfriend." She refers to Miles.

"Not yet." I correct her.

"He seems interesting. Has he ever talked to you about his family?" She asks me. Though, she said it in a way that she knows something about him.

"No... why? Is there something I don't know? Should I know about it?" I immediately get concerned and confused.

"You'll know, later on. How are Noelle and Evie? Oh, and I've seen the fiasco between you and Kaleb. Sucks that he got rejected by you."

I ignore the last bit that she said, and I tell her, "Noelle and Evie are amazing. They miss you, "

"Tell them I miss them, too. Anyway, how's school?" She asks me another question.

"Not bad. It's just that there is always homework on the weekends." I complain. 

"Glad I don't have to do that, LOL." She states.

"You've grown up so much, Camila. You look beautiful." I tell her. I wish I could see her every day.

"You too, Ramona! You're glowing." She gives me her amazing smile.

"I was there at your seventeenth birthday, I was beside you." She tells me.

"I felt your presence. It felt like you were really there next to me." I express.

"I don't have much time right now, but know that Miles took your ring. I can't spare the details, but he's doing something... something..." Her image fades away, and she is no longer holding my hand.

"Something what? What is he going to do? Come back!" In an instant, I rant with questions swarming in my brain.

I shot out of my bed, waking up as I'm drenched in sweat from my dream.

Why does it always have to be sweat?

Seriously, I'm going to ban the existence of sweat.

I get up from my bed tiredly and wash my face from the disgusting sweat planted on my forehead and hair line. After washing my face, I try to go back to bed, but it's no use.

Why would Miles steal my ring? I don't get it.

Wait... if Uncle Aaron was in that hologram and Miles stole my ring...

THEY'RE WORKING TOGETHER.

Oh no, this is bad.

But Miles is so sweet. I don't understand.

Why would Miles want to help steal hospital resources for himself? It doesn't make sense.

There are other people who are dying in the universe. Why would he want it?

And for what reason?

For me not to discover their plan?

Well, it's too late. I know it already.

Maybe I can ask my dad why he gave me the ring.

There has to be an explanation. Why would there not be an explanation?

All these questions roaming around my brain made me fall asleep into oblivion.

■ □ □ □ ■

Author's Note: Hey!!! Sorry for the two week update, but I have made it! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and what more is to come!

Question of the Day: Any theories you guys think will happen? :D