Chapter 7

It's a wonderful Saturday morning and I won't have to worry anything about-

Oh wait, I forgot about my Algebra 2 homework assignment.

Dang it. My brain snitched on me.

I woke up from half-sleeping and went to my bathroom to do my morning routine. I came out of the bathroom once I finished and went downstairs not bothering to change.

I spotted my mom in the kitchen area making breakfast while my dad placed the dishes on the dining table.

They both turned around and saw me.

"Hi, my querida." My mom greeted me.

"I bet you're hungry!" My dad says humorously.

I chuckled at his response and greeted them with a good morning. Then we all sat down in unison and ate quietly.

"How was your sleep? Nightmares I need to know about?" My mom asks curiously.

I thought back to my nightmare a few days back.

I remember getting chased by the purple clothing guy and ended up in someone's apartment running to the roof.

But for some reason, I can't quite get the familiarity of the apartment.

I swear something is off and my head can't think of it.

Oh yeah, and I remember getting punched in the face by the purple-masked guy.

I look back at my mom and lie, "I'm getting good sleep. Don't worry."

She gives me a curious look while my dad has no clue and keeps eating his breakfast.

Then we finished eating breakfast and I washed all of the dishes and placed them in the dishwasher.

I went back to my room and sat down on my chair while getting my Algebra 2 homework out of my backpack and putting it on my desk.

I flipped to chapter two lesson one in my notes as a guide to my homework and did some problems.

■ □ □ □ ■

I finished all of my homework in the afternoon tucked all of my stuff back into my backpack and took my computer to my bed to watch YouTube videos.

I scroll through my recommendations and click on one of the videos as I lay down on my bed under my blanket.

Suddenly, I heard my mom yell my name across to my room. I pause the video lazily pull the sheets off of me and rush downstairs to where my parents are.

I walk towards my mom as she says, "Is this the famous Miles you've been talking about?" She points to Miles who appears to be outside of our apartment.

I open the door and he greets me, "!Hola Ramona! ¿Cómo estás?"

He's wearing the usual green jacket under his purple hoodie with black pants and his hair in long braids as always.

He didn't speak that much Spanish to me before.

Wait...

Is he trying to impress my parents?

Immediately, my parents invited him to our house with a warm welcome.

What am I supposed to do?

Go back to my room?

Stay with Miles?

Go into a dimensional portal to cure my shockness?

Stop it, Ramona. You're doing too much.