Chapter 25

Packing for a trip was harder than I thought.

I looked through my wardrobe ten times to find my snow clothing wear.

Where is it?

I go downstairs, and I spot my mom in her room. I go to her room seeing she's finished with packing.

"Ma, do you know where my snow gear went?" I ask her as I sit on her bed.

"You don't know where it is?" She inquires as she packs her bathroom things.

"No, I have no clue where they are." My smile melts from my face.

"Have you checked the store room?" She suggests as she turns to face me.

"No, but I'll check." I get up from her bed, and I walk to the store room. I look around and find a pair of snow gear clothing on top of a cardboard box.

Bingo.

I take the snow gear and walk back to my room, and I pack it in my suitcase.

After another thirty minutes, I finished packing and brought down my suitcase downstairs. My friends should be here by now.

Right on time, I hear the doorbell ring, and I get the door to see Noelle, Evie, Miles, Sebastian, Carlos, Jason, and Kaleb.

"Welcome in!" I greet them into my house as they walk around.

Noelle shows gratitude towards my parents, "Thank you for inviting us in this vacation, Mrs. Hernandez and Mr. Hernandez."

"No problem, you're always welcome here, and please call me Elena." My mom tells Noelle as she gets her suitcase from her room, and so does my dad.

"Are you guys ready?" Jason asks all of us.

"Hell yeah! It's going to be dope." Carlos exclaims in joy.

"We're going to have to take three cars, though. We're 12 people in total." My mom states as Gabriel finally comes out with his suitcase with Carmen.

I already greeted Carmen. She came like early in the morning. It was so nice to get to know her. Apparently, we have more in common than we think we do.

"Okay, I'll pair up groups. All the adults are sitting with me who are Sebastian and Carmen. Ramona is driving Miles, Carlos, and Sebastian. Jason is driving Noelle, Kaleb, and Evie. All right, that's settled! Let's get on going." My mom announced to all of us, and we head out the door with our luggage, and my mom locks the door.

I unlock my car and open the hood of the car so that Miles, Sebastian, and Carlos can place their luggage.

As I was about to put my luggage in, Miles beat me to it.

"Thank you, Miles." I thank him for his kind gesture, and I kiss him on the side of his face, which surprised me.

He blushes uncontrollably and tries to hide it away.

I close the hood of the car and we all get in the car. I put my seatbelt on and checked that my mirrors are in place.

I start the car, and we all drive to the resort.

As I was driving, Miles was simply listening to music while Sebastian and Carlos were on their phones.

■ □ □ □ ■

After 2 hours, we arrived and got out of the car. I opened the hood of the car, and Miles did my work, so I didn't have to do it. I closed the hood of the car and locked my car.

"So this is it."

We stopped in front of our cabin. I've never been in a cabin a long time.

Ah, memories.