Chapter 34

"Ramona, you should invite Miles's family over for dinner today. It will be fun." My mom suggests to me as she drinks her water.

"Absolutely no - actually, that's a good idea." My dad switches his comment quickly.

Skeptical, hmmmm.

"Yeah, I'll ask him. At what time should they come?"

"Around 6:30pm." She told me.

"Okay, I'll text him."

I finished my breakfast, washed the dishes, and went upstairs to my room in a blink of an eye.

I grabbed my phone from my bedside table, went to my contacts, and texted Miles.

Ramona - Hey, Miles! My parents are inviting you and your family over at my house! If today is not a good day, then we can change another day :)

Bubbles immediately appear after I send the message.

Then, he sends a message.

Miles 💜 - I asked them, and they said they'd love to meet you and your family :)

Ramona - Cool!

Miles 💜 - what time should I come?

Ramona - Dinner time, around 6:30 pm!

Miles 💜 - see you then 💜

Ramona - see you soon ❤️

I closed my phone and decided to take a shower after a long day of school.

Chemistry has taken a toll on me, but I still have an A in the class.

Which I am grateful for.

I take out my comfortable clothes out and put them in my bathroom counter, and I turn the shower on, waiting for it to get warm.

I take my clothes off and get in the shower.

I feel so relieved from hot water.

After my shower, I wrapped myself with a towel and dried my hair with a hair dryer. Then, I changed into my comfortable clothes and styled my hair into a low ponytail.

I checked the time to see it is around 4:30pm.

Two hours left of free time.

Yay.

I immediately grabbed my laptop and went under the covers to get comfortable.

I've now become obsessed with watching youtube videos. My parents don't mind now, because they monitor what I watch.

Yeah, I know, it's strict, but I actually kind of like it.

We both have similar interests in youtube videos than I thought before.

Like, my parents watch Puerto Rican TV shows, and so do I.

And they're free on YouTube, which is the bright side, so I don't have to pay to buy tv shows on YouTube.

See? It's not so bad.

Anyway, I put on my favorite show that my parents and I like and watch it in the two hours of my free time.

Sometimes, I'm just like that when I don't read my book.

After two hours of endlessly watching my show, I put my laptop away and walked to my wardrobe to find something to wear.

Great.

I don't know what to wear.

Subsequently, years of contemplating, I picked out a blue sweater and leggings and quickly changed into them.