Chapter 2

"Okay class, you're assigned to make an article about your hobby in Spanish! I must see that you're writing the words out proficiently and clearly. This will be due next Friday. Today, I will give you the rest of the class time and please ask me any questions, I'll be happy to help." Ms. Rodriguez announced as she went back to her seat and everyone started working.

It has been two days since the first day and we're already doing a project.

Interesting.

At least my hobby is skiing. I started when I was eight and got many lessons from my dad.

In the meantime, I got a Chromebook from the Chrome cart and got a template somewhere online. I started writing about how skiing benefits my life, entertains me, and how I find other friends. Especially with family.

Well, I guess not anymore.

Before Camila passed away, we'd always go to Mountain Creek Resort. We would usually go around on weekdays because it would be crowded on the weekends.

We would leave early morning and get there around ten in the morning to settle somewhere and then get our gear on and we would just have fun.

Camila and Gabriel would always push me to go to the highest point and ski there, but I never dared to do so.

One day, they convinced me one time and Camila reassured me by saying, "You only live one life! Let's enjoy it by facing your fears, I promise to stay beside you."

"You better keep your word."

Gabriel, Camila, and I went onto the chair lift, while our parents were taking a break and having a small snack.

We got there and I kept on holding onto Gabriel and Camila. "It's okay! Remember my promise?" She aided me.

I took a deep breath letting out a relieving exhale.

"I can do this. I can do this." I murmured to myself.

Suddenly, I let go of them and we all went downhill.

I never thought I'd say this, but this feels refreshing. The cold breeze hits the sides of my face and I'm gliding down like I'm skating. Camila and Gabriel went after me. "Last one is a rotten egg!" Gabriel shouted over the wind.

Oh, it's on.

I adjusted my pace and went over the bumps like it was nothing. There was a long zig-zag trail and I swerved from left to right as my hair hits my face several times.

After that, I saw Camila in view and went faster passing her in victory.

All I need to do is get past Gabriel.

I spotted him and saw the slope on ground level. I quickened my pace once again and slipped beside him.

"Hey," I smiled at him, catching him off guard as I passed him throwing him off balance and making it to ground level.

"Woohoo!!!" I yelled in victory as I was spinning throwing my arms in the air. "That was amazing!"

"Told you!" Camila laughed as she hugged me tightly while I wrapped my arms around her hugging her back.

Out of nowhere, Gabriel joined in tackling us as we landed back onto the snow. We all burst out laughing so much that our insides were begging for air.

We toned down and we got up taking a lunch break as we had been skiing for almost two hours. We sat down next to our parents as they had already ordered food for us.

What great times.

I realized I had been daydreaming for almost thirty minutes and it was only a minute before the bell. I look back at my template and decided that I'm going to work on it later. I signed out of my account and placed the Chromebook back into its slot.