Chapter 30

Never thought I'd start my day getting sick.

Ever since I got back from the ski trip, I've been coughing horrendously to the point I'm quarantined in my room.

Right now, I'm in bed while watching youtube videos because that is the only thing I'm capable of doing.

Then, I hear knocking on my door.

"Come in!"

My mom opened the door and brought a tray with my lunch. I notice she's wearing a mask due to my illness.

"Wouldn't want the whole family to get sick, you know?" She tells me as she puts the tray down on my bed.

"Thank you, Mama. I wish I could hug you right now." I said with a sad tone.

"You will. After you're better from your fever." She reassures me with her hopeful tone and gives me a mask.

She leaves my room, and I close my laptop. I bring the tray towards me, and I eat my food in peace. Afterward, I pick up my water bottle and drink my water down.

I get up from my bed and put the tray on my desk.

Then, I go back to my bed and rest for a while. I got bored and decided to read my book since I have nothing to do.

My eyes start to feel heavy as I finish chapter ten. I put my bookmark on the page, and I closed my book as I placed it on my bedside table.

My eyes take control over me, and I fall asleep.

■ □ □ □ ■

I woke up to the sound of knocking outside my door.

"Wait... don't come in yet." I grumble as I get out of my bed and check the time.

7pm?!

How did I sleep for five hours, and how did I let myself let this happen.

I jolt to the bathroom and do my business and put on the mask my mom gave me.

"Come in!"

Carlos, Sebastian, Miles, Kaleb, Jason, Noelle, and Evie come into my room, and they're all wearing masks and holding paper bags.

"Guys, I'm sick. What are you guys doing here?" I inquire them as I cross my arms in front of me.

"We got you treats! We hope this will make you feel better." Carlos told me as he held up his paper bag with a huge smile on his face.

"That's so sweet of you guys. You didn't have to." I smile in awe of their support.

"We wanted to." Miles tells me.

Then, I started going through everyone's treats, they gifted me, and thanked them for the treats.

"Is it okay if we stay for a while?" Noelle asks me for permission as she sits on my chair.

"As long as my parents are okay with it, then you can stay." I state.

On cue, my parents entered my room. "Okay, whoever is a boy in this room needs to go back home, right now. There are too many people in here. Leave the poor girl alone." My dad announces, and the boys leave immediately.

They run like the penguins in The Penguins of Madagascar.

"Mija, you should have dinner. It's getting late. Noelle and Evie, have you already ate?" My mom asks my friends, and they awkwardly stand there.

"No..." Evie mutters under her breath.

Then, we all go downstairs and have dinner. My mom puts a plate of food and gives it to me so that I'll eat in the living room with Noelle and Evie.

I put on the vampire diaries on the TV, and we all eat as we watch.

"Damon is so fine. Stefan is mid honestly." Noelle states as the sight of Damon.

"Stefan deserves more appreciation." Evie argues.

"How about no."

"Guys, what about we agree that Elena shouldn't have dated Stefan in the first place." I try to reason.

"Then what is the point of the show if she didn't date Stefan?" Noelle makes a reasonable point.

"I guess you make a good point." I agree with her.

"Who's your favorite character in the show?" Evie asks me.

"I like Klaus. He's an interesting character." I tell them.

"I like Damon." Noelle reminds us again.

"We can tell." Evie takes a sip of her drink.

"I wonder what Jason thinks of your obsession with Damon." I genuinely say with curiosity.

"Oh, he knows. He doesn't like it." Noelle takes a bite of her food as she tells us.

"Speaking of dating, when are you and Sebastian going to admit you like each other? I always see you checking him out." I ask Evie.

"Well, I don't know. I'm trying to figure it out. I'm just waiting for the right time." She softens her voice at the topic of the subject.

"Understandable." Noelle interjects as she drinks her lemonade.

"Whatever happens, we'll be here for you." I reassure her.

"If only I could hug you right now." Evie complains at my sickness.

"Let's air hug then!" Noelle suggests, and we do.

"We definitely look ridiculous." Evie states.

"I agree." I said.

I exhaustively put my arms down and pulled my mask up since I finished my dinner.

"Can we have a sleepover?" Noelle asks me.

"You should be asking my parents that question, lol." I tell her.

Right on time, my mom and dad came downstairs from their room.

"Mr. and Ms. Hernandez? Can we have a sleepover?" She gives my parents her puppy dog eyes to try to convince them.

"On one condition. Stay six feet apart from Ramona. We don't want to be responsible for you getting sick, too." My mom informs them. Noelle jumps up from her spot and hugs my mom.

"Thank you, Mr. and Ms. Hernandez!!!" She exclaims in joy and excitement.

"You're welcome, Noelle." My dad states.

They both leave the room, and Evie and Noelle take care of the dishes since I always do them.

I turn off the TV, and I go upstairs to do my nighttime routine while Noelle and Evie get situated in my brother's room since Gabriel is in Carmen's house.

I get out of the bathroom and lay down on my bed. As I try to sleep, Noelle and Evie open my door.

"Goodnight Ramona, we hope you'll feel better by the next couple of days." Evie tells me.

"Goodnight, Ramo. We love you." Noelle advises me.

"Thank you guys. Goodnight, Noelle and Evie." They close my door, and I turn off my lamp and fall asleep immediately.

■ □ □ □ ■

Author's Note: I'm so so so sorry for the late update on Chapter 30. I was literally having writers block, which was super annoying, and I had numerous exams this week, which made my writers block worse. I promise that I'll make more updates during this spring break! I do hope that you guys enjoyed this chapter, though! This won't happen again!

Question of the Day: Are you guys doing anything for spring break? I'm going hiking with my cousin!