Chapter 17

We arrive at our school, and we head inside to see a bunch of teenagers lingering in the halls.

We walk along to the gym, and we see a bunch of other teenagers with their tickets and security guards checking their tickets as they enter the gym.

"Why are the security guards so suited up?" Noelle questions as her eyes land on them.

"They look like a murder is about to happen." Evie claims.

"They're wearing extra armor for a reason. Anything can happen, guys." I try to persuade them.

"In a homecoming event at school? What could possibly happen?" Evie inquires at me.

Way to jinx it, Evie.

I sigh in disbelief, and we go to the ticket line to get our tickets approved by the security guards.

The security guards take our tickets and we enter the gym.

It's not even a gym anymore by the looks of it. Everything is decorated with blue fabric along the walls. Lights are placed with the blue fabric.

Leadership really went all out with this one.

By the photo booth, there are drinks and food laid on a table. 

"I wanna get food!" Evie says as she notices the food table.

"We just ate, Evie. You don't want to throw up after having another meal, " Noelle persuades Evie.

"I'll just have one of every each, don't worry. I'll be back." Evie scurries to the food table and grabs some of the snacks.

She comes back in a millisecond after getting some food.

"I'm definitely going to look out for you." I state considering what might she does next.

Evie gets really hyper when she has food when there's a party or an event.

We tried to convince her to stop the addiction, but she just won't.

We definitely might have to tell her parents because she'll listen to her parents more than us.

Yeah, weird.

Friends should comfort each other, but I guess in this case, Evie doesn't want to be comforted.

"Enjoying?"

My thoughts disperse, and I come back into reality as I'm faced with Kaleb along with Jason.

"Yeah, everything looks great!" I comment.

Kaleb is wearing a suit with a yellow tie while Jason is wearing a suit with a blue tie.

Hold on a second...

"Did you purposefully match with me? And who told you?" I immediately question him.

"Sorta asked your mom... haha," He chuckles.

"I can't believe she even agreed." I say in shock.

I notice that Jason and Noelle are being flirtatious towards each other.

They seriously need to get together. I'm not even joking.

The music suddenly changes into slow dance music. So do the lights as they change into a blue color.

Kaleb takes my hand in his and asks, "Would you like to dance with me?" He says in a hopeful tone.

I hope my dad doesn't kill me.

"Sure, why not?" I smile as he drags me along to the dance floor.

He places his hands on my waist, and I wrap my arms around his neck.

"You look beautiful." He compliments me as we slow dance to the music. It's playing Lover by Taylor Swift.

"Thank you, you look handsome." I compliment him back.

"Thanks." Blush covers his whole face as he his trying to contain his smile.

Silence fills the gap between us, and we continue dancing after a couple of songs.

After ten minutes of  stillness, Kaleb tells me. "I want to tell you something, Ramona."

"What is it?" I question him, looking up at him.

"I like you." He looks at me, hoping that I will make an answer back.

As he said that, I stopped dancing to the song, and so did he.

I don't know what to say.

I'm not sure if I like him back, I only like him as a friend.

Also, I don't want to hurt his feelings.

I hope he'll understand.

Right?

"Kaleb, I'm not sure if I feel the same way as you do. You're an awesome guy, and I just don't want to fake my feelings and lie. You deserve someone who likes you the same way." I explain myself, hoping he doesn't rash out or get angry.

Kaleb looks at me with sorrow but immediately changes his expression to a somewhat positive attitude.

After whay it seemed hours, he spoke up and said "I understand. I know what you mean, and you're totally right."

"Do you want a hug?" I offer him.

He nods his head vigorously, and he wraps his arms around me, and I do the same. He cries onto the crook of my neck, and I comfort him by soothing his back with my right hand.

Noelle and Jason see the sight of Kaleb's condition, and Kaleb unwrap his arms around me.

"It's okay, I'm okay. I'll be fine." He gives me a hopeful smile.

"Okay." I take it for his words, and Jason walks up to him, and they leave the gym to have a moment together.

Noelle walks up beside me and states, "Kaleb told he liked you, I assume?"

"Yeah, and I rejected him because I don't feel the same way he does. I feel sorry for him." I immediately have a guilt sitting in my chest for saying that to him.

"He'll get over it. I hope." Noelle states with ambition.

A sudden curiosity fills my brain. "Wait, where's Evie?"

"Oh no..." Noelle says with disappointment.

"I should've looked out for her," I mutter in anger.

"Wait, where would she go to and whom?" Noelle asks me.

I get an idea. "I think I know."

■ □ □ □ ■

Author's Note: Hey!! Sorry for the veryyyyy long wait. I will write an update in another 7 hours to make up for it! I had finals like the week before, and I went on vacation with my family. I promise you guys will get more updates from now on! See you guys in the next chapter!

Question of the day: What did you think about this chapter? :D