Chapter 16

Right now, it is fifteen minutes before I leave for Noelle's house.

I finished packing up my makeup bag as well as my dress. I grab my wallet, and I put it in my bag.

I do a mental checklist that I have everything in order.

Money?

Check.

Dress? 

Check.

Makeup bag?

Check.

Myself?

Check.

Shoes?

Not checked.

I go to my wardrobe and look for my yellow heels that my mom bought along with the dress.

Where is it?

My eyes scan through my collection of shoes.

Aha!

I grab my yellow heels and place it in my bag.

I'm all set, and I go downstairs to let my parents know that I'm leaving to go to Noelle's.

My parents are in the living room watching a movie together and I go up to them.

"Mama, I'm going to Noelle's, and Evie is coming too. You both can come around 6 pm to take pictures." I announce to my parents.

They face each other, and then they face me. "Sounds wonderful, my amar." My mom gives me a smile.

"No, Jason and Kaleb, right?" My dad confirms with me.

"Yup, they won't be coming. It's just us three." I give an innocent smile to my dad.

"Okay, make sure your phone is on at ALL times." My dad states firmly.

"Don't worry, I am a careful person." I reassure my dad.

I head for the main door and I say my goodbyes to my parents and they say the same for me.

I grab my car keys and house keys from the pot, and I open the door and lock it. I trudge to my car, and I get in the driver's seat.

First, I put my seatbelt first, adjusted my mirrors, and I started the car. I reverse the car, and I drive to Noelle's house.

□ ■ ■ ■ □

After ten minutes, I arrive at Noelle's house, and I ring the doorbell. I purposely put my head in the door eye hole to scare Noelle.

I hear a small scream inside the house, and I back away from the door, so Noelle opens the door for me.

Noelle opens the door and exclaims, "JEEZ, what are you trying to do? Scare me?"

"That's exactly my point, duh!" I state as I step foot into Noelle's house.

I've been in her house before. It's pretty big. She has a large living room area. Three red couches and a brown table in the middle. She has stairs leading to her family's rooms.

Before I hear it coming, her two younger brothers come running to me.

Elliot and Sean.

"Ahh! You guys look different than the previous month!" I acknowledge their difference in height.

"We missed you!" They both hug me, and I hug them back, ruffling their hair. I stand back up, but they don't leave my body.

I chuckle at their reluctance.