Chapter 11

Miles

I'm at this party with my friends, Carlos and Sebastian. The music is playing from the album Midnights by Taylor Swift.

Everything is organized neatly. There are sodas and food on the kitchen counter. All the rooms are off-limits and so is the pool area.

"Have you seen the new movie that came out? The.. the.. what's it called?" Carlos stutters at his words.

"The Quesadilla." Sebastian and I simultaneously answer sighing at how many times he has asked this question to us.

The movie is literally about a quesadilla going on adventures. Carlos is the type of guy to watch any movie even if it has a three-star review. Carlos is dressed in a green sweater with blue baggy jeans while Sebastian is wearing a black buttoned shirt with beige pants.

I'm wearing my usual purple hoodie under my green jacket and black baggy jeans. I have my hair in braids almost all the time because my mama wants me to.

"I'm going to get a drink," I tell my friends and I pour myself lemonade in the plastic cup. I walk over to my friends, but something catches my eye.

Ramona with her friends, Evie and Noelle.

What is she doing here?

I walk up to them ignoring my friend's arguments about pineapple on pizza.

"Ramona, what are you doing here?" I raise my voice a tiny bit so I don't cause drama or trouble. 

Ramona turns her head towards me making eye contact with me. Then she taps Evie's shoulder. Evie snaps her head towards mine.

"She has a contract with her parents that she can't talk to anyone other than me and Noelle. So scram." She shooed me away waving her hand and gesturing for me to go.

"I've talked to her parents before. I can talk to her, too." I make my point across.

"Okay and?" Noelle chimes in.

Ain't no way she just asked me that.

"How can we be so sure that we can trust you?" Evie inquires me.

"Because her parents trust me," I claim.

"Yo, Miles! You walked away from us, who are you talking to-" Carlos stops his sentence and immediately shortens his steps getting clumsy.

Sebastian smacks his head for him to stand up straight. "Uh.. oh...sorry.. I didn't mean to do that." Carlos suddenly feels bad for his clumsiness.

"It's all good! What are your names?" Evie asks in curiosity.

"I'm Carlos!" Carlos introduces himself.

"Sebastian." He smiles and puts his hand out to shake her hand.

"I'm Evie." They both shake hands and Sebastian quickly puts his hand in his pocket.

"So what are you guys doing here?" I ask the three of them.

"To have fun, duh! Oooo! This is my favorite song! Ramo and Ev come and dance with me!" Noelle shouts over the song that is playing which is Bejeweled.

Do not call me a swiftie. I just know her songs that's all.

Noelle drags Ramona and Evie to the living room and they dance there.

Sebastian stares at Evie as she dances.

I smack his head and state, "Dude, you look like you're a creep. If you want to go with her to homecoming then you should do it properly."