Chapter 8

After Yesterday, I couldn't stop thinking about Miles.

I didn't expect him to cook dinner.

He probably takes care of his mom well.

"Hello?? Ramo, you need to stop doing this on us." Kaleb snaps his fingers in front of my face repeatedly trying to get my attention towards him.

I snap back to reality and look up at Kaleb making eye contact. "Sorry," I muttered in apology.

"What do you even think about that is going through your brain?" Kaleb asks in curiosity.

Miles.

"Just stressed about SATs." I lie through my teeth.

Kaleb doesn't buy it, but he doesn't want to intervene.

"Isn't the next SAT on homecoming?" Noelle chimes in.

"I think so?" Evie says, unsure about whether it is.

"Speaking of homecoming, when is it?" Jason asks in curiosity.

"October 7th" I state.

"Wait a minute, we should definitely go together! We'll plan a day to get ready!" Noelle chirps excitedly, mostly saying it to me and Evie leaving out Jason and Kaleb.

"Hey, what about us?" Jason pouts his lips.

"I'm sure you'll think of something." Evie reassures them.

After a while, Jason speaks up, "Anyone down to play video games?" He suggests looking at the four of us.

"Resident Evil?" Kaleb states.

"No, Mario Kart!" Noelle yells in excitement.

"Wrong answer, Rayman Legends!" Evie says.

I thought long and hard about this. I go back to the times when I played various video games with Gabriel and Camila. But I can't seem to think of one at the top of my head.

Hold on...

"Super Smash Bros?" I propose.

■ □ □ □ ■

We all are in the living room, playing Super Smash Bros. I'm playing Link, while Evie is playing Rosalina, Noelle is playing Zero Suit Samas, Jason is playing Lucina, and Kaleb is playing Donkey Kong.

You're probably wondering how I managed to convince my dad to let Kaleb and Jason come to our house. I told him that they only see me as a friend and nothing else.

Don't worry, it took me more than two hours to convince him.

"Come on! Donkey Kong is inevitable." Evie complains as she falls in defeat.

Kaleb is laughing like a hyena as he wins over Jason and Noelle.

I hid mostly from all of Kaleb's tactics.

After a while, he managed to kill off Jason and Noelle. So now it's just me and him.

"You know you can't hide away from me," Kaleb states.

At the right time, as he hits my character, I use my ultimate on him which makes Donkey Kong fly out of the screen making him lose his last life.

"Muahaha!" I laugh in a witch's wicked laugh.

His expression says it all. He's devastated.

"That's not fair, you didn't even hit anyone!" He points to the screen looking at me.

"First of all, I always use this tactic, and second of all, I did hit attacks," I say.

Kaleb shoots me a glare saying 'still not fair'.