Chapter 31

After a day of being sick, today was the day my fever went away.

Which I'm grateful for. I don't like being isolated if I'm being honest.

Anyway, today is the day before it will be the new year, and I have no plans for it.

I'm not joking.

My family and I haven't done anything special for New Years in general.

We've watched the Times Square Ball drop on our TV. I've always wanted to see it up close. I check the time to see it is one-thirty in the afternoon.

"What are we doing for New Years?" Gabriel asked my mom out of curiosity.

"Lucky day for you both and your friends, we're going to see the Times Square Ball Drop!" My mom announces to Gabriel and I.

"You're joking? No way!!" I hug my mom and dad.

"Sweet!" Gabriel hugs all of us.

"Get ready and text your friends, Ramona!" My mom leaves us as she goes to her room.

Immediately, I go upstairs to my room and take my phone from my bedside table, texting the group chat.

the ketchup krew 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦

Ramona - hey!! my parents and I are inviting you all to Times Square. you can also bring your parents if they're not doing anything!

Evie 🤓 - NO WAY :O

Noelle 🥳 - YOU'RE JOKING, ramona's parents are the best

Kaleb 😎 - that sounds sick! 🔥

Carlos 🤪 - SWEET!

Sebastian 😇 - cool!!

Miles 💜 - okay, sounds great!

Jason 😊 - nice! when should we come by your place?

Ramona - around 2 pm!

Jason 😊 - thank you!!

Evie 🤓 - my parents are going somewhere with each other, so they cannot come.

Noelle 🥳 - my parents would love to come!

Miles 💜 - me as well.

Kaleb 😎 - me too!

Jason 😊 - me three!

Sebastian 😇 - me four!

Carlos 🤪 - me five!

Ramona - thanks, guys!!

I put my phone down on my bed and changed into black pants, a purple blouse, and lavender heels. After that, I styled my hair into two strands of Dutch braids and tied it together on the back of my head. I brought my baby hairs out and did some light makeup. Finally, I put on some perfume and did some last-minute checkups.

I grabbed my black purse from my drawer, and my phone, and put them into the bag. I headed downstairs and got a notification from my phone. I take my phone out of my bag and go to my messages.

the ketchup krew 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦

Sebastian 😇 - we're all here!

Ramona - cool! we're ready :)

"Let's go!" My dad announced to the whole family and we immediately went outside.

My friends are next to their cars with their parents and all of our parents greet each other like they're talking like old friends. Except that, my dad avoided Uncle Aaron's gaze the whole time and only talked to Kaleb's parents.