Chapter 15

It's the day before homecoming, and I'm on the verge of crying because of chemistry homework.

I swear I try to learn the concept of the topic, but I keep getting wrong answers.

Even though our teacher grades the packets for completion, it seems to me that she is constantly giving me looks when I complete the worksheet that needs to be done.

Ms. Schubert definitely hates me.

I open my laptop and go to youtube for guidance. I click on multiple videos, and I get the problems done in under an hour.

Yay.

This is why YouTube is helpful.

Anyway, I have another four assignments to be completed before tomorrow, which is annoying.

□ ■ ■ ■ □

After three hours, I finished the last question for Algebra 2 and tiredly put down my pencil from writing so much.

I stretch my entire body head to toe, leaning back on my chair as I yawn.

Suddenly, I fell back off my chair onto my ground floor as my head hit first onto the ground.

"Ow... that hurt." I groaned in pain.

I slowly get back up, and I lay down on my bed for comfort. I check my phone to see what time it is.

7:01pm

I'm hungry.

Then, my stomach growls intentionally.

Even my body system knows me better than my own self.

I get up and use the bathroom before I go downstairs. After five minutes, I trudge down the stairs exhaustively and see my parents setting up the diner table. 

Wait... hold on.

It's set up differently than the other past dinner tables.

Somethings going on.

My parents see me in delight. "Ramona, come with me. You need to look gorgeous. It's a surprise." My mom drags me back to my room, and she picks something for me to wear.

"What's the occasion?" I ask.

"I already told you it's a surprise." She pulls a flowery dress from my wardrobe and places it on my bed.

"Get changed, and I'll wait for you." She quickly leaves my room and stands near my door.

Okay. I don't even know what's happening.

I put on the dress, and I do something small for my hair because why not? I do little braids in my hair, and I put on perfume to smell nice.

I close my lights and I open my door. I close my eyes, and my mom guides me downstairs to the dining table. 

"You can open your eyes now." My mom states.

I open my eyes and see a full house here.

I'm not kidding.

Evie, Noelle, Jason, Kaleb, Miles, Sebastian, and Carlos are here with me.

My jaw drops down, and I'm in shock. My parents and friends start to sing Happy Birthday while my dad puts the cake near me.

Oh... I forgot it was my birthday today.

How could I forget?

Wait, I turn seventeen today. What the actual-

Stop thinking, enjoy the moment.

My smile starts to hurt because I'm so overwhelmed, and I feel happy.