14. Heartbeat

'I got too many hoes, but they ain't you.'

Rehab by Brent Faiyaz

🚨THIS CHAPTER MENTIONS TRIGGERING CONTENT SUCH AS PHYSICAL ABUSE🚨

AUTHOR'S POV

Y/n stood there frozen; she recognized his voice. Eunwoo's voice. But she was so scared at the moment. She thought it was him. She opened the door for him with shaky hands.

And there he was, standing across her with a messy hair and dark eyes. Eunwoo's eyes softened when he saw her state. He frowned his eyebrows looking at her glossy eyes, his eyes travelled down to her hands just to witness them shaking slightly.

He couldn't help but to question himself, if he's the one who's scaring her.

"What's wrong cupcake?" he uttered as he took a step forward before cupping her face between his hands. He could see her lips trembling, tears threatening to fall from the corner of her eyes.

"Am I scaring you?" he then added as she didn't respond to the first question. "Tell me, Did I scare you?" he never intended to scare her.

Y/n shook her head as a no, she couldn't utter a single word.

"I better leave, I didn't mean to scare you" he explained taking a step to the back.

"No! Stay!" Y/n said as her voice quivered, her hand tugged on his shirt as she pulled him close to her figure. She wanted to feel secure.

"Don't go" she whispered audibly looking up at him.

"Listen Y/n, I don't want you to fear me. I've never had intentions to scare you" Eunwoo paused "Even that day, I didn't mean to hurt you, I'm s-orry for my behavior. I was out of control" he apologized caressing her face.