21. Chase

'I broke you just to own you'

One Of The Girls by The Weeknd, JENNIE and Lily-Rose Deep

EUNWOO'S POV

I drove immediately after she left me, her voice kept on ringing inside my head until I parked the car and got out of it to walk towards the club. The rain had not stopped for a long time now, but it never bothered me much. I just needed to get her out of my mind.

As usual, it didn't do much good anyway, because the more distance we put between us, the harder her words were beating against my ears and drowning my thoughts.

I wanted to drink, to feel numb with some strange substance that would erase her from my system for at least a little while.

Maybe having another girl would make me forget about it completely. I wanted hookups anyways.

There's no need to see her again, to have her close anymore. I just got carried on by the temptation to feel something else than the crushing loneliness I experienced every day.

She couldn't give that to me, no one could, I'd lost everything long ago. Nothing mattered in the end. I wasn't living like a person anymore. I could feel the emptiness of life spreading within me, and the emptiness was eating away at me every day without any respite.

I couldn't go back, even if I wished to do so. My existence was already an endless void of nothingness. It was too late. Maybe I loved her company because she used to distract me from these thoughts.