20. The Girls

Y/N'S POV

I couldn't breathe. It was suffocating. I felt my chest constricting in pain and anxiety. The tears falling down my cheeks hurt but I didn't care. My heart felt like it shattered into pieces. I never felt anything similar to how I felt about Eunwoo.

My phone rang. The sound of its familiar ringtone pierced through the deafening silence and caused me to look up. I looked back at the screen of my phone. With my trembling hands I picked it up.

It was Sam, I cleared my throat and whipped my tears before answering the call. "Sam, hi" I croaked out. I hated my voice. It sounded hoarse and lifeless. I hoped Sam hadn't heard it. She could probably hear how broken I sounded.

But her cries surprised me instead.

"Y-y/n" she stuttered as if trying to compose herself before speaking clearly. " Can I come at your place?" Her voice cracked. That broke me more than anything ever had. Even worse than her crying did.

"Sam are you alright?" I asked quietly, her voice almost completely lost. "What happened? Do you want me to come where you are?"

Silence met my words. A long, uncomfortable one. And then there it is.The sob,the cry, the hiccup, the sniffle.

"Sam, honey what's wrong?" I spoke standing up from the couch.

"No. Don't come, I'll be there " She finally spoke after a while. She sounded exhausted and drained of emotion. "I'll wait for you" I assured her before hanging up, ignoring the painful feeling growing inside of me.

My problems don't even matter, she's more important right now. I should be strong and brave, she needs me. Not this mess of emotions. Not this broken person who can't be strong enough, isn't brave enough and isn't able to help her.

I walked towards my bathroom to wash up and fix my face. When I arrived in my bedroom, I pulled out my old sweatshirt and a pair of shorts, throwing them on and heading out. I took the lift down to get to a convenience store.

We might need some Ice-cream and sweets. I decided to buy some ice cream first. Just in case. The moment I bought it though, I realized that I needed something else too.

Maybe chocolate chip cookies or brownies for tonight's dinner. My stomach grumbled in hunger. But I wasn't in the mood for cooking at that moment.

Suddenly my phone rang, Betty's name was displayed on the screen.

"Hey, little one" I answered with a soft tone, my voice hoarser than usual.

"Are you at home?" she asked with an exhausted sigh. She sounded tired and worn out. It sounded like she hasn't been sleeping at all.

"Yeah, why? Are you okay?" I asked quickly, noticing that her voice sounds off somehow. Is she sick? Did something happen?