25. Tension

3 DAYS LATER

JUNGKOOK'S POV

It was a quiet evening. Work had me stressed up these past days, and I needed to relax.

As I stood in the backyard of my apartment complex staring at clouds rising into the sky, it occurred to me that my life had been nothing but stressful lately. Maybe that's why my mind was on autopilot tonight, but it seemed like no matter what I did, I couldn't bring myself to be happy anymore.

The thing is – you wouldn't expect this to happen. You never do with something so minor. It was just a simple infatuation. Something so silly, but now I think about it everyday.

The thought makes my heart ache, because it's true, and it scares me. The person who caused my heartache is someone I know nothing about and yet...I still like her, still want her more than anything. She's beautiful, fierce, funny, intelligent – oh God, She's perfect.

And every time I see her I can barely hold onto reality because she just seems too good to be real. I try not to let myself fall for her, but it's too late.

But then I ask myself why she can't seem to like me? Where did I go wrong? Was it simply fate that made us meet each other? I'm sure that's where the answer lies, somewhere along the line. But for now...I've decided not to question it.

There's too much work to be done and too much anxiety to deal with. So I'll stay focused on the present.

My phone buzzes, interrupting my thoughts, and after reading its notification, I smile sadly. I should probably go meet Namjoon. We have only a week left to Taehyung's wedding and we haven't even decided which tie to buy.

As I make my way to the door leading inside the building, the sound of footsteps coming in my direction catches my attention.

I turn towards the noise and there stands Lilin, smiling at me with her usual sunshine smile. I greet her enthusiastically and offer her a hug, which she gladly accepts, wrapping her arms around me.