WEARING A RING

Aspen Pov:

When we get back to headquarters everyone is in a tizzy, and no one was telling me what was going one. Charlie and I completely forgot about our engagement and were quickly trying to figure out what had happened in the small amount of time we had been gone. Suddenly I smelt something burning. 

"Molly is anything cooking?" I grab her attention quickly.

"Oh, Hi darling how was dinner?" She replied.

"It was good." I brush off the question quickly. "Is there something burning?"

"Oh my I forgot I was cooking dinner! Can you come help me dear?" 

"Yes, of course."

I follow Molly into the kitchen and help her take the semi-burnt food out of the oven.

"Molly why is everyone in a tizzy" I question.

"Oh dear, a Hogwarts student was cursed when she touched a necklace. The student does not remember who gave it to her just that she was supposed to give it to Dumbledore as a present." Molly replies as we gather everything needed for dinner that was supposedly forgot about when this news was heard.

"Oh that is awful. So does the order think it was a plot to kill Dumbledore or strictly accidental?" I ask as we walk into the room.

"Well it was planned by someone but it wasn't the poor student." She says as we walk into the room which is now quitter and seated for dinner.

I sit down in between Charlie and Tonks and across from Paddy and Moony. As I am reaching for my glass of water Tonks screams.

"WHAT IS THAT?" 

Everyone jumps slightly then start questioning her. 

"Tonks what are you talking about."

"Why are you screaming"

I follow her gaze onto my finger and realize what she has noticed. In the chaos that was happening when we first got here Charlie and I had forgotten to tell everyone the news.

"WHY ARE YOU WEARING A RING ON THAT FINGER. OH MY GOSH ARE YOU ENGAGED"

I look at Charlie and we both start laughing lightly. 

"When we were at dinner I asked Aspen to marry me and she said yes." Charlie says this while looking me in the eyes while still laughing and now blushing. 

Molly gets up and runs to hug her son, "I never thought you would be the first of my children to be engaged!"

"Gee thanks mom.." Charlie says rolling his eyes but Molly was too excited to hear him as she then rushed to me giving me a hug telling me how glad she was that she was getting another daughter and how she could not wait to have grandchildren.

"Woah Molly, that is a little too much at the moment don't ya think Charlie?" Paddy says walking up to me.

"Yes sir" Charlie replies looking slightly scared.

The rest of the night is spent getting congratulations from all our friends and family and then leaving to got spend the night in my apartment.

************

The next morning I wake up early and write Harry a letter telling him the good news.

That evening I receive a letter from Harry addressed to me and one addressed to Charlie. I give Charlie his then read mine. Once I am done reading mine I ask Charlie about his.

"Oh its nothing."

"Come on what is it."

"Nothing" Charlies says while holding it up so I cannot read it.

'You will find out eventually" Charlie says while laughing, I give up trying to reach it and roll my eyes at him.