Not as Easy as it Seems

I'm very sorry to make you all think the story ended but it was just a thank you for the support. Now there is a lot more chapters to come. I have a big plot coming and it is going to blow your mind.

——————————————————————————————————-

Third Person

About an hour later the were ready to move Alex. Alex fell into a deep sleep so they didn't wake him up. They unhooked him from a lot of machines and moved him to just an IV and heart rate monitor. Wolf was there to watch it all happen.

The next day Alex woke up for a lot longer but he was bored out of his mind. He couldn't talk and there wasn't much he could do. About a week later Snake walked in and saw that Alex was looking at the ceiling.

"Bored?" Snake asked and Alex looked at him. Alex nodded. "I got permission to have you start doing physical therapy. That means we can start walking around the base and you can hang out with everyone else in the mess hall for food."

Snake said looking at the clock it was almost lunch time. Alex nodded eagerly. Snake smiled and helped Alex up off the bed. He put on a pair of lose fitting jeans and a black shirt. Snake insisted that he have the crunches. Alex rolled his eyes but used them.

Snake and Alex walked to the mess hall. It was a quite walk. As they walked into the mess hall everyone turned their attention to Alex. Alex saw respect in their eyes. Snake pushed Alex to the lunch line which was empty.

"Here you go sweetie." The lunch lady said and Alex nodded in thanks. She gave him some chicken broth. Snake got the normal sandwich and some other things. Snake brought the soup to the table for Alex and he sat down at the edge of the table. Everyone's eyes were finally off of him.

No one talked to him through out lunch but he did finish the soup. After that his unit walked with him around the base. Snake finally let him walk around without the crutches and he walked with a slight limp. They were talking about tv shows.

"Hey Cub. What's your favorite tv show?" Eagle asked. Alex shook his head. He didn't have one. Scorpia made sure that he would never have a favorite anything.

"No favorite tv show. That's new." Fox said and Alex smiled a little. Wolf put his arm around Alex.

"You know you got a good smile. Maybe you should have it on more." Wolf said and Alex's smile got bigger. "See, makes you look less intimidating."

Everyone laughed but Alex because he couldn't. They walked a little longer and then they went back to their cabin because technically Alex was discharged from the infirmary. They talked for a little bit longer then they headed out for dinner.

*****

It had been a month since the accent and Alex could talk a lot more. He was smiling a lot more. It was his birthday, he was finally 20 and Wolf had something planned outside of the base. Alex was in the new gym, he was trying to get his strength back. He was in the gym for about two hours everyday.

He had loss a lot of muscle when he was injured. Now he is finding it difficult to get it back. His voice was still a little raspy when he talks for a long time, when he remembers the accident or when he doesn't get enough water. He usually has to drink at least 3 bottles a day to sound normal and not have snake on his case about it.

Alex was on his last little bit of his work out when Wolf walked in. Alex punched the bag slowly and then he got faster and then slowed down. He did this for about five minutes and then he stopped. Alex was breath hard and grabbed a drink of water.

"Watching me like a Hawk?" Alex said to Wolf. Wolf Chuckled and walked over to Alex.

"Not exactly. Since it's your birthday I have something special for you." Alex smiled as he unwrapped his hands. Then he took another sip of water.

"You know I don't like celebrating my birthday." Alex said and he put his stuff into his bag.

"I know but we have been planing this for a three weeks. At least go, you haven't even been awake for three of them. The guys really wanted to do this." Wolf said and Alex was finishing putting his stuff in his bag. Alex sighed and zipped up his bag.

"Fine." Alex said a little raspy. Alex took a drink of water.

"How much water have you drank today?" Wolf asked a little concerned.

"Almost three bottles. I'm on the third one now." His bottle was almost empty and both of them walked out of the room.

"Go get washed up and we will leave at 4." Alex headed for the showers. It was empty so Alex striped and stepped into the shower. It was cold water but Alex didn't care. Alex closed his eyes and flashbacks came of him being raped, being beaten up. His head was lowered and he was hanging onto the stall.

Alex turned off the shower and took several shaky breaths. Alex opened his eyes and quickly dried himself. He put on a pair of black jeans and a black button up shirt.

Alex walked out of the showers to see Wolf waiting outside. Alex was pulling at his hair a little bit, he was thinking. Alex also had a bottle in his hand that he refilled. He took a sip from it.

"Ready Cub?" Wolf asked and Alex nodded. "Probably should leave the bottle here. You can get some water where were going." They stopped back off at their cabin. They walked out of the base and walked down the street.

"Who's all going to be there?" Alex asked a little horsed. Alex indistinctly rubbed his neck.

"The rest of the unit and Sarge. I think that's all." Wolf said and Alex nodded. Alex thought that was reasonable. Not a big group of people. They kept walking, Alex didn't know where but he followed Wolf.

Then out of the blue people were surrounding them. Wolf and Alex went into their fighting stances. All of the men had masks on with scorpions on the left side of their chests.

"Can't this wait till tomorrow?" Alex asked and no one answered. "Guess not."

Alex took on a lot of the men while Wolf worked on one. After a minute of fighting Alex had most of the men on the ground. Wolf just finished with his when someone new came up behind him.

"Wolf, behind you." Alex said but he was too late and Wolf was hit in the head and he fell to the ground unconscious. Alex wasn't pay attention to what he was doing and the men grabbed Alex's arms which was a lot. Alex was kneeling on the floor and he couldn't move.

The person that knocked out Wolf walked over to Alex. One of the men behind Alex pulled his hair so he would look up at the person. The man knelled down in front of Alex. He was also wherein a mask to cover his face.

"The great Alex Rider. Nice to finally meet you." He pulled off the mask and it was Yassen. "We've never meet. I'm Yassen, you can call me master." Alex notice that there was a Scorpion tattoo on his neck which meant he was on the board. Alex didn't know why Yassen didn't remember him but that didn't mean much of anything.

"I'm not easy to break." Alex said a little horsed. Yassen was looking at Alex's neck.

"That handy work was from me. My first mission and they promoted me to the top. Now your friend over there is coming with us. So are you." They tied up Alex's wrists really tight and loaded Wolf into a van first. Then Yassen had a string that he stuck into Alex's neck which made Alex's energy drain and fell asleep.

They tossed him into the van and went to Scorpia's head quarters. Yassen was proud of himself but he had the feeling that he knew Alex. He put it aside and smiled all the way to Scorpia Head Quarters.