chapter five

005shake your groove thingseason one, episode five !

005
shake your groove thing
season one, episode five !

"I wish I could hold a heart." George sighed, holding his second cup of overpriced coffee in his hands. It was 6am and the interns were all huddled in the OR gallery. Meredith had been asked to assist Burke on a heart surgery, and it was pretty much the talk of the programme.

"A monkey could hold a heart." Cristina deadpanned, taking a bite out of her apple.

George turned to face the brunette, seemingly offended, "You're just mad Burke didn't ask you."

"He didn't ask you either." Marnie added absentmindedly, causing the two of them to turn around and face her, "Sorry. I'm half asleep."

"Here," George said, handing the blonde his cup of coffee, which she took with a warm smile.

"George," The three of them turned at the sound of Izzie's voice, watching her sit down. "I need more ice and chips."

"More? Who else did you invite?" George gawked. What was originally planned as a small get together at Meredith's house, was now turning into something a lot bigger.

"We said the list was jocks only," Cristina reminded her, "Surgery, Trauma, Plastics.
Who else?"

"Just some people from Peds." She shrugged.

Cristina groaned, rolling her eyes. "You invited the preschoolers to Meredith's house."

"Hey, Peds is awesome." Marnie frowned, "Jake works in Peds."

"The Child Whisperer? Next thing, you'll say that you invited the shrinks." The Yang woman scoffed, and then Izzie turned away. "She invited the mental defects! This party is DOA!"

"Meredith thinks this is going to be a small, meet-your-boyfriend cocktail thing. Did you clear this with her?" George asked.

"No, but I will." The other three didn't look entirely convinced, "I promise!"

Cristina furrowed her brow. "Why are you wasting the only weekend your boyfriend is in town on a big party? Is he bad in bed?"

"No!" Izzie scoffed, a little too loud, "I just want him to meet some of my friends."

"Friends?" Marnie echoed, "You like 3 friends."

"Bad sex." Cristina laughed, hopping up from her seat, "Sucks for you."