chapter twenty nine

029superstition season two, episode twenty one !

029
superstition
season two, episode twenty one !

"How long do we have to keep this up for?" Marnie curiously asked as her and Alex scoured the floor for their discarded clothes. After telling Meredith and Izzie that she'd taken an extra night shift, she had really spent the night with the brunette in the on call room.

The Karev man pursed his lips as he successfully retrieved his scrub top, throwing it back on before turning to face her. "Keep what up?"

"This." She said simply, pulling up her trousers, "The sneaking around."

Alex let out a small sigh, "Marnie, we've talked about this. You know what they think of me—"

"I know," She softly interrupted, taking a step closer to him. "I know they're not your friends, but they mean a lot to me. If I'm in a relationship, I don't want to hide it from them."

An annoyingly attractive smirk danced its way to the man's lips as he brought his hand up to her face, tucking a stray hair behind her ear.

"Oh, so this is a relationship?" He teased, but the way she tilted her head to the side let him know she was having none of it. "We'll tell them, I promise." He assured her. "Just not yet. I like keeping it between us."

As much as Marnie wanted to tell her friends about them, she had to admit she was enjoying their little bubble. What she was worried about, however, was how long their secret would stay their secret.

"So do I," She smiled, closing the gap between them and leaning in for a quick kiss. It was only when she peered down at the watch on his wrist that she noticed the time, resulting in her rapidly pulling away. "Crap, rounds. We gotta go."

Alex watched intently as the blonde rushed to grab her white coat that was lying on top of the bed, before she moved over to the door, unlocking it and opening it up.

"So, if this is a relationship," He began with a smirk, successfully stopping her in her tracks, "Does that make me your boyfriend?"

The Walker woman raised her brows as she leaned up against the doorframe, trying with everything she had to hide her smile. "Rounds."

"Morning." Marnie beamed, sauntering into the interns locker room, where her friends were all changing into their scrubs ready for their shift. Only, it was unusually quiet, causing her smile to falter. "Who died?"

"Four of our patients." George sighed, attempting to stuff his hoodie into his locker.

The blonde, who was originally joking, looked at him with wide eyes, "I'm sorry, four?"