chapter eight

008save meseason one, episode eight !

008
save me
season one, episode eight !

"Eight hours, 16 ounces of chocolate, and 32 cupcakes and they still don't taste right!" Izzie groaned out in annoyance, leaning against the kitchen counter with folded arms. She was trying to make chocolate cupcakes using her mothers old recipe. The only problem was, there was one ingredient missing and she couldn't for the life of her remember what it was.

She'd asked George to help her, but by 'help', he interrupted 'eat all of the cupcakes'. "No, these are good!" He reassured her, but she struggled to make out the words due to his cake-filled mouth. "Martha Stewart would be proud."

"Look where that got her." The blonde shook her head, taking another bite of the most recent batch, "There's something missing, some specific ingredient. Why can't I remember?" She sighed.

George shrugged, finally swallowing. "Just call her. Just call your mother and ask."

Izzie looked him in the eye for a moment, seemingly considering the idea, "I don't want to call my mother."

"Good morning!" Derek greeted with a wide smile, strutting into the kitchen with Meredith by his side. Now their relationship was out in the open, he'd stayed over pretty much every night for the last week.

"Hey." George beamed, lifting up the tray of freshly baked goods, "You guys want a cupcake? Izzie made 'em."

Derek immediately shook his head, declining the offer. Meredith, however, kindly took one and leaned against the doorframe. "Is Marnie not up yet?" She asked, noticing her friend's absence.

Izzie and George shared a quick look, before he turned back to the dirty blonde, obviously confused, "I guess not."

Derek grabbed a bowl from the once of the cupboards, looking down at his watch, "She's cutting it a bit fine, is she not?"

The O'Malley boy pursed his lips, thinking to himself for a moment, "I should go and check on her."

So, he did just that, rushing up the stairs and knocking on Marnie's door, whilst the others waited patiently at the bottom. "Uh, guys,"
They all watched as he slowly made his way back down, his hand wrapped around the banister as a sheer look of confusion coated his features, "She's not here."

Jacob Wright loved working in Pediatrics. People would often ask him why, out of all the specialties, he chose Peds. To him, the answer to that question was simple - he loved children. They gave him the kind of joy that he wouldn't find on any other ward, they believed anything was possible, and therefore, so did he.