chapter thirty nine

039where the boys areseason three, episode seven !

039
where the boys are
season three, episode seven !

"Sunscreen and insect repellent. And a shovel to bury your poo!" Izzie yelled out as she scurried down the stairs after the O'Malley man, who was sporting his own clothes, a beanie, and a large rucksack ahead of his camping trip with the rest of his male colleagues.

"Ew, does he really need that?" Marnie cringed, sitting crossed legged on the couch with a warm cup of coffee in hand.

"Yes! You don't know what could happen out there in the woods, he needs to be prepared."

"Izzie, I'm not five!" George tutted, making his way over to the couch, lowering his tone as he struggled to zip up his gilet, "Marn, can you help me?"

The Walker woman breathed out a small laugh, setting her coffee down and standing herself up, zipping it up for him with ease.

"And remember," The brunette continued, looking around at three women to ensure they were all listening to him, "If Callie calls, tell her I'm a mountain man. I'm a man of the mountain. Right, Dr. Burke?"

"That's right." The attending nodded from the doorway, concealing his laughter as he turned to face a very unamused Derek Shepherd, "Okay, him I invited."

Once his gilet was done up and he was 100% sure he had everything he needed, George made his way over to join the others, grinning from ear to ear as he held up a paper bag, "The girls packed us treats!"

"Have fun with your... space. Or whatever." Meredith spoke, glancing over at Derek, who just simpered and nodded in response.

Marnie, on the other hand, positively beamed as she approached the Karev man, resting her arms on his shoulders and planting a gentle kiss on his lips. "Have fun, okay? I'll see you tomorrow."

"Fun?" Alex scoffed, his hands falling down to rest on her hips, "With these guys? I'm just going 'cause it's better than going to work."

Marnie let out a snort, "You're something else."

He couldn't help but smirk, "Don't pretend you're not gonna miss me." He remarked and she only rolled her eyes in response, leaning in to kiss him again.

As empty as the hospital felt without their fellow interns, the women had to admit they were enjoying the peace and quiet - and the lack of testosterone. As they stood gazing at the full OR board, however, the camping trip seemed to be the only thing on their minds.