chapter ten

010raindrops keep falling on my headseason two, episode one !

010
raindrops keep falling on my head
season two, episode one !

"If I didn't value my place in the program so much, I would kill you right now with my bare hands!" Marnie exhaled, breaking the silence between her and Alex. After the fight between him and George, the two of them stayed behind in the locker room. She slammed the door as she spoke, leaning up against it to prevent anyone else from coming in whilst she gave the brunette a piece of her mind.

Now, Alex Karev wasn't one to get intimidated easily, especially not by a 5'4 blonde like Marnie Walker, but the look on her face was like nothing he'd ever seen before. She was shooting daggers at him, and he was scared.

"Why the hell didn't you tell me?"

"If you're mad that I screwed Olivia—"

"I don't care who you sleep with!" She yelled, "I'm mad that you didn't tell me you had syphilis!"

He shrugged his shoulders as he pressed an ice pack to his face. He refused to make eye contact with her at the risk she'd turn him to stone.  "It never came up." He supposed, instantly regretting his choice of words when he saw her expression change in the mirror, and not in a good way.

"'It never came up?!'" She repeated with a scoff.

He lifted the ice pack up from his eye, wincing at the instant shoot of pain, "How do you tell someone something like that?"

"Oh, I don't know," She shook her head, throwing her hands up in the air, "'By the way, Marnie, I've got the syph, and you might too. Sorry I'm such a horny ass!'"

Despite the serious situation, he couldn't help but laugh at her poor attempt at an impression. "Is that supposed to be my voice?"

The woman tilted her head to the side, letting him know that she was not in the mood for jokes. "Let me see," She changed the subject, grabbing the man by his chin and getting a closer look at his bruise. He winced at the pain, gritting his teeth. "Minimal swelling. No lacerations. You're gonna be fine. George really did a number on you, huh?"

"Oh, please." He tutted, wriggling out of her grip and facing the mirror again. "O'Malley's a lightweight. I could've pinned him in a second."

"Oh, yeah?"

"Are you kidding?" Alex scoffed, bringing his fist up his mouth and planting a kiss on his knuckles. "I'm riding a career in Plastics all the way to the bank. Can't afford to injure these babies."