chapter forty one

041from a whisper to a screamseason three, episode nine !

041
from a whisper to a scream
season three, episode nine !

"Hey." Izzie greeted, clutching a warm cup of coffee in her hands as she watched Cristina make her way out of Meredith's room. "So, were you and Meredith having another one of your 'we're best friends, we're so cool' secret time things?" She was met with a simple glare, causing her to let out a sigh, "Sorry, I'm cranky. Candy-striping makes me so cranky. Plus, I didn't get much sleep with all the noi—"

She was cut off by the sound of Marnie's bedroom door opening. They both turned their heads, watching with raised brows as Alex came sauntering out, half naked, whilst buckling the belt on his jeans.

"Mornin'." He nodded, seemingly unfazed by their stares as he made his way down the staircase.

Marnie was next to exit the room, standing in the doorway with her arms folded over her chest as she wore a groggy smile, which faltered when she saw the looks on her friend's faces. "I can explain."

"Oh, you don't need to," Izzie mumbled, bringing her mug up to her lips, "We heard."

The shorter woman's eyes grew wide, "You did?"

"Mhm."

"Sorry about that." She apologised, her cheeks flushing a light shade of pink.

After erasing Alex Karev's shirtless figure from their memories, Cristina and Izzie trudged downstairs, the Walker woman not too far behind them.

Although, as the O'Malley man walked out of the kitchen, anxiously gorging on bowl of cereal, Cristina came to a quick stop, the two of them making eye contact. Izzie and Marnie exchanged a glance at the interaction, sensing the obvious tension between them.

"How's your dad?" The Yang woman asked, breaking the silence.

"His surgery is today."

"You have nothing to worry about." She assured him, though her slightly callous tone suggested otherwise.

"I'm not worried." He said simply, shaking his head at her. "Not anymore."

Her brows knitted together, "What's that supposed to mean?"

Before George had the chance to answer her, Derek came sauntering out of the kitchen, causing his head to turn. "Cristina's just leaving." He told him.

The Shepherd man seemed to perk up at his words, a grin finding its place on his lips, "Ah, so I can have my girlfriend back?"