chapter fifty three

053the heart of the matterseason four, episode four !

053
the heart of the matter
season four, episode four !

"It's just wrong. He's my brother, and she's my intern. It's like some kind of... professional incest." Marnie had been ranting about what she walked in on the night before for a good fifteen minutes, and in all honesty, Cristina wasn't listening to a word of it. But with the mood the blonde was in, she wasn't even going to attempt to stop her.

"Morning!" A scarily cheerful Meredith beamed as she joined her two best friends at the nurses' station, thankfully pausing their conversation.

The Yang woman's head shot up, her eyes immediately narrowing when she saw the smile on the dirty blonde's face. She knew exactly what that smile meant - or rather who had caused it.

"Oh, great." She uttered, her tone dripping with sarcasm, "I'm stuck in the pit protecting smackheads and gangbangers from my interns, and you're getting McDreamied."

"Yeah?" Marnie remarked, her head also shooting up, "Well, my McBrother's McScrewing the McInterns."

"Are you still on that?" Alex, having overhead the conversation, deadpanned as he walked over to grab a chart from the desk. He'd been forced to listen to the same rant both in the car on the way back from Jake's apartment and in bed the previous night, whilst he was trying to sleep.

She turned around, simply glaring at her boyfriend.

Alex merely raised a brow, oblivious as to why she was getting herself so worked up about it. "What's the problem? He got some, she got some, everybody's happy."

"The 'problem' is that he's an attending and she's an intern. My intern." Marnie suddenly pointed her forefinger at him, "He better not distract her from her work."

"Babe," Alex breathed, trying his best to repress his laughter as he placed his hands on the blonde's shoulders, "You've got to chill out."

Before Marnie could assure him that she was perfectly calm - despite the fact that they both knew she wasn't - George, who was yet to change into his scrubs, burst straight through the double doors and past the nurses' station, clearly in some kind of hurry.

"Georgie!" Marnie scolded, furrowing her brows in his direction, "We've got rounds in ten minutes, where are you going?"

"To find Izzie," The O'Malley man shouted as he sprinted around a corner, almost taking out a handful of nurses as he did so.

"Well, be quick!"