chapter thirty eight

038oh, the guiltseason three, episode five !

038
oh, the guilt
season three, episode five !

"Morning, Izzie!" Marnie beamed as she sauntered into the kitchen with George and Meredith, where the woman in question was stood by the counter, clad in an apron and a cheerful grin as she cooked bacon and pancakes. "Smells great."

The O'Malley man, however, furrowed his brow at the scene in front of him, "I thought we were done with the whole muffin thing."

"This isn't muffins. This is breakfast." Izzie rephrased with a smile, which was honestly starting to freak the others out ever so slightly. "Mer needs a good solid breakfast. First day back after the big surgery."

"Are you okay?" The dirty blonde asked, pinching a streak of bacon.

"Of course I'm okay! I'm a millionaire! Fruit?"

"Ooh, don't mind if I do." Marnie simpered, grabbing an apple from the bowl.

"What do you guys think about B&B's? I'm thinking about opening a B&B in Vermont where the foliage is, you know?"

The other three exchanged the same look of concern as Izzie happily waltzed over to the sink.

"Y'know, Iz, Vermont isn't all that." The blonde took a chunk out of her apple as she attempted to reason with her.

George bit his lip, "Maybe you should go back to bed."

"Can't." Izzie said simply, shaking her head. "I'm going to the hospital. Gonna clear out of my locker. I could buy a hotel. How much do you think a hotel costs?"

"A hell of a lot." Marnie scoffed under her breath, though it wasn't like Izzie was short of money.

The Stevens woman opened up the cupboard door and grabbed out three glasses, turning back to the kitchen island and placing them all down. She then grabbed a pitcher of orange juice and began to pour it into the glasses. Only, her hand slipped, and the juice spilled all over the cheque from Denny, causing George to jump out of his skin.

"Izzie!" He practically yelped, grabbing a tea towel and rushing to grab the document. "This is eight million! Eight million doesn't like to have juice spilled on it!"

Meredith let out an exasperated huff, "You have to take that to the bank today." She insisted. "It's making me nervous in the house."

"I will. As soon as I clean out my locker." Izzie told them, but the look Marnie was giving her suggested otherwise. "I am fine! Really, I'm fine. Denny loved me. He wanted me to have this money. He wants me to be happy, so I'm happy!"