chapter fifty

050didn't we almost have it all?season three, episodes twenty four & twenty five !

050
didn't we almost have it all?
season three, episodes twenty four & twenty five !

"How do you a treat a pancreatic divisum? Izzie!"

"Oh, god, Cristina! If you're not gonna let us sleep, at least let me put coffee in my cup." The Stevens woman groaned as she sat down at the kitchen table beside Alex. Today was the day of their intern exam, and they were all terrified to say the least, even if they didn't show it, which was the main reason why Cristina came over to cram in some last minute revision.

"Okay, go." She shrugged as she sat at the breakfast bar, clutching a handful of flashcards that Callie had so gratefully lent them. "No one's stopping you."

"I'm too tired to go." Izzie sighed, slumping further into her chair.

"Pancreatic divisum."

"Dorsal duct sphincterotomy." Alex answered as he shoved a spoonful of cereal into his mouth.

"Not your turn, but correct." She said, pointing her forefinger at him and leaning forward and handing him the flashcards. "Okay, you do me."

He let out a quiet sigh as he took them from her, flicking through them in search of a more difficult question. "I can't believe O'Malley's missing this." He said, "How's he gonna be ready?"

"You're kidding, right? Yeah, we have Callie's cards, but George—"

"George has Callie." Izzie murmured.

Alex glanced over at her, and then at Cristina, as he decided on a question, "What's the most frequent cause of diarrhoea in hospitalised patients?"

"Is she coming to this bachelorette thing tonight?" The blonde thought aloud, her mind still stuck on the Torres woman.

Cristina nodded in response. "Rotavirus. Yes. No. No, no, no, salmonella."

"Diarrhoea in hospitalised patients."

"The most frequent cause of diarrhoea in hospitalised patients is C. diff," A monotonous Meredith answered as she walked into the kitchen and straight over to the sink. The atmosphere in the room quickly shifted when they saw the black dress she was wearing, "Which can lead to toxic megacolon, perforation, sepsis and death. That's what killed Susan."

Izzie watched as the dirty blonde switched off the tap, waiting until she left the room to speak up. "Is she okay?"

"She's fine." Cristina assured her.