chapter twenty seven

027what have i done to deserve this?season two, episode nineteen !

027
what have i done to deserve this?
season two, episode nineteen !

"What the hell are you doing?" Meredith suddenly bellowed, having to do a double take as she passed the blonde's bedroom.

Marnie, who jumped at her roommate's overly loud tone, simply flashed a beam as she stood in her doorway, clad in her jacket and handbag. "I'm going to work."

"Oh, no you're not." The Grey woman scoffed.

"Mer, c'mon." She frowned, dragging out the latter word. "It's been two weeks. My staples are out, I'm walking, I feel good. I'm ready. Plus, I'm bored out of mind and I don't know how much longer I can lie here before I mould into my bed. I can't even drink coffee!"

"Marnie. You hemorrhaged twice." She enunciated. "You are not going back to work yet."

"Morning!" Izzie grinned, opening up her bedroom door and joining the women in the hallway. Her smile faded, however, when she latched eyes on the blonde, her brows furrowing together. "What are you doing up?" She asked.

"I'm going back to work." Marnie beamed.

"No she's not." Meredith added, prompting an eye roll from her roommate.

"Mornin'," A sleepy George greeted, rubbing his eyes as he stumbled out of his bedroom. When he locked eyes with his best friend, he, too, gawked at her. "Marn? Aren't you meant to be in bed?"

"I'm—"

"Ignore her." The dirty blonde grumbled.

Now, Marnie couldn't put her finger on what it was, but something between him and Meredith shifted when George entered the room, the tension rising by the second. Without another word, she turned around and headed back to her room.

"What's going on?" The taller woman asked, both her and Marnie glancing over at the man on their left.

But George only shrugged his shoulders, pivoting around and trudging back into his bedroom, leaving the two blondes alone.

Marnie furrowed her brow. "Did I miss something?"

"Not that I know of." Izzie sighed, deciding to go along with whatever seemed to be happening, and walked back into her room, allowing herself to fall back into bed.

Once Marnie was left alone, she stood for a moment, contemplating with pursed lips, before she began to tiptoe over to the stairs. Though, she internally cursed herself when she crossed a creaky floorboard.