chapter fourteen

014bring the painseason two, episode five !

014
bring the pain
season two, episode five !

"George?" Marnie spoke softly as she entered the man's bedroom, unsure whether or not he was asleep. Both Izzie and Meredith were out, leaving the two of them home alone for the night as heavy thunder boomed outside.

"Mhm," She heard him groan into his pillow, letting her know he was somewhat awake. So, she tiredly stumbled over to his bed, lifted up the covers, and laid down. "What're you doing?" He suddenly asked, turning over on his side to face her.

"I can't sleep." She said simply.

On any other day, George would have told her to leave and gone straight back to sleep, but Marnie had been oddly quiet ever since they got back from work, so he left it. "I heard your patient died," He spoke, prompting a small sigh to fall from her lips. "Are you okay?"

"I don't know." She whispered truthfully, staring up at the ceiling.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

She nodded her head, "Yeah. But not yet."

"Okay." George whispered, "Well, I'll be here when you're ready."

She turned to face him, smiling. "Thanks, Georgie."

"Seriously?!" The sound of their roommates voice, mixed with the light suddenly turning on, caused the pair of interns to jump, their gazes shooting towards the door to George's room.

"Hey, Izzie," The blonde yawned, lying with her head poking out of the covers, "How did the blind date go?"

"Move over," The woman sighed. As Marnie and George did just that, Izzie lay herself down.

"We were sleeping." George groaned, rubbing his eyes.

"Oh, shut up!"

Just a few minutes later, after George managed to shut his eyes once again, Meredith entered the room in a pretty similar fashion to Izzie. "Seriously?!"

The dirty blonde walked over, so the other three shuffled over once again, causing George to fall out of the bed with a thud. "This is a very small bed." He groaned from the floor.

"He's a brain surgeon!" She let out, shaking her head as she spoke, "How can he be so brainless?"

Izzie nodded her head, "I look fantastic. I shaved my legs!"