chapter forty five

045walk on waterseason three, episodes fifteen & sixteen !

045
walk on water
season three, episodes fifteen & sixteen !

"Meredith..." A rather anxious sounding Marnie whispered as she tied her hair up in a ponytail. "Why is Cristina staring at us?"

The dirty blonde, who was currently bent down trying to tie her shoelaces, quickly jumped up. She furrowed her brows at the Walker woman's weary exterior, following her eye line until she landed on Cristina, who was peering over her locker door in their direction.

"I don't know," She trailed off, tilting her head curiously to the side.

Marnie did the same. She'd noticed the Yang woman staring for several minutes now, and it was beginning to freak her out.

"What?" Meredith finally snapped.

Cristina took a step back, her eyes widening, "Okay, cranky. Forget it."

"Am I the only one who thinks this triage test thing is a waste of time?" Alex suddenly asked from the other side of the locker room, pinning his ID badge to his lab coat as he spoke. "There's a platysmaplasty on the board. I had Sloan all prepped to let me scrub in."

"Yeah, right." Marnie scoffed, smirking over her shoulder at him. "Sloan would rather die than let you scrub in on one of his surgeries."

The brunette chose to ignore his girlfriend's remark, continuing his rant. "Seriously, is it too much to ask to be performing actual surgeries? We are actual surgeons."

The three women only shrugged in response and continued getting ready for the triage test. However, when Marnie felt Cristina's lingering gaze on her again, she shot straight back around. "Okay, what are you staring at?"

The curly haired woman contemplated for a moment before letting out a small sigh, turning around to leave the room. "Nothing."

Meredith and Marnie shared the same pursed lipped look before they both shrugged and followed her out, only the latter was stopped when Alex called out her name.

"Marn, wait up." He closed his locker as she turned back around to face him, "Can I talk to you about something?"

The blonde was quick to nod, smiling softly and walking back over. "Sure. What's up?"

The brunette let out a sigh and the pair of them leaned against the lockers. "My landlord raised the rent on my apartment by, like, a lot and I don't think I'm gonna be able to afford it for much longer." He confessed, watching her nod along in comprehension. "And I was wondering if I could move in with you? If it's okay with Mer, I mean."