chapter twenty three

023tell me sweet little liesseason two, episode fourteen !

023
tell me sweet little lies
season two, episode fourteen !

"He peed on my bed. My bed, Meredith!" Izzie protested from the locker room, after waking up to more of Doc's antics. Beside her, George and Marnie nodded their heads in unison. They lived him, of course they did, but he had to go.

"He's our dog!" The Grey woman defended, sitting down on a bench beside Cujo himself.

The brunette was quick to shake his head, "Uh, he's your dog. You and Izzie bought him without asking us!"

"We rescued him from certain death!"

"And now we need rescued before he eats us!" Marnie frowned, hanging up her jacket on the side of her locker, as George frantically nodded in agreement.

"I'm putting my foot down." He announced, as the three women turned to face him. "Either the dog moves out or I do. Foot. Down. Now. Me or the dog, which is it?"

Meredith pursed her lips, slowly looking down at the animal, who let out a small, conveniently timed whine.

As head inched back up, she was met with three pairs of wide eyes and open mouths. "You hesitated," The O'Malley blurted, "She hesitated!"

"You hesitated?!" Both Izzie and Marnie shouted.

The dirty blonde shook her head, "I didn't hesitate, I was thinking!" She bit back.

"You have to think about it? Fine. I'm moving out right now!" He scoffed, storming over to the door and opening it up. He immediately froze when he was met with his very pregnant, very angry looking resident on the other side. "Later. I'm moving out later. Because, right now, I have rounds." He rephrased, running back to his locker.

"If it's any consolation," Marnie whispered to him as he returned, "I picked you."

"Naomi Cline, 43. Had her tricuspid valve replaced three years ago with a porcine valve, sir." Marnie presented, handing the patient's file to Dr. Burke.

"Oh, Naomi." The attending smiled up at the woman, clutching her chart. "I'm surprised to see you back again so soon. Pig valves usually hold up 10-15 years, but yours seems to be degenerating a little too quickly for my comfort."

As Burke spoke, Marnie's brow knitted together slightly as she watched Mrs Cline, an unusually large, and distant, smile on her face.