chapter thirty five

035time has come todayseason three, episode one !

035
time has come today
season three, episode one !

It was the morning after the prom, 6:45 to be exact, and the interns were all gathered in the hallway outside Meredith's bathroom door. After what happened, Izzie told Webber the truth about Denny's LVAD wire and, much to the disapproval of her friends, quit her job at the hospital. Though, they were unsure whether or not she was serious about that.

After the rest of them got home and changed out of their formal wear, she went to the bathroom and was still yet to come out, and they were beginning to worry.

"Izzie," George called out, folding his arms across his chest as he leaned against the wall, "Izzie, c'mon. She's been in there all night, we have to do something."

Meredith furrowed her brows as he, Cristina and Alex all turned to her with questioning glares. "Why are you all looking at me?"

The Yang woman shrugged her shoulders. "This is familiar territory for you."

"There is nothing familiar about this! Denny died. The man she loves died. Unfamiliar!"

"Yeah, but you're all dark and twisty inside."

The dirty blonde only furrowed further, "Dark and twisty?"

"The mother with the Alzheimer's thing, and the father you don't talk to." Cristina explained.

"And the tequila thing." Alex added with a nod, "And the inappropriate men thing."

George, too, nodded his head. "You are dark and twisty, and now Izzie is dark and twisty."

"So all of a sudden I'm the president of people with crappy lives?" Meredith scoffed, eyeing the three of them as she tried to conjure up a reason that any of their lives were slightly more crappy than hers. Only upon looking, she realised that someone was missing. "Wait, where's Marnie?"

"She's downstairs making pancakes." Alex nonchalantly said, only confusing the dirty blonde further.

"She's what?"

"Don't ask." He sighed.

"Look, we have to do something." George retracted, looking around at his peers. "Someone has to go in there."

"Hey," Marnie greeted, looking up from the stove as Cristina and Meredith walked into the kitchen, each of them sporting unreadable expressions that just made her nervous. "Did you get her out?"