chapter seventeen

017let it be season two, episode eight !

017
let it be
season two, episode eight !

"Six bucks for a bagel!" Marnie scoffed, following George down the path after the two of them grabbed breakfast, before heading to work. "Since when did bagels cost so much?"

The O'Malley man simply shrugged his shoulders, unwrapping his bagel and bringing it up this mouth, taking a chunk out of it. However, his breakfast was short lived when a pigeon flew over them, crapping directly onto his food.

"Crap!" He cursed, pulling it away from his mouth with a frown. When he heard muffled giggling, he turned to the blonde beside him, who was covering her mouth.

"Oh, Georgie," Marnie stifled. As she watched him stare down blankly at his ruined breakfast, which the pigeon was now devouring, she couldn't help but feel somewhat bad. "Here, have mine." She said, handing him her unwrapped bagel.

He looked at her, and then down at the food. "Thanks Marn." He beamed.

She peered down at her watch, checking the time. "We should probably go,"

George nodded his head, and the two of them turned around to walk away. They could have only taken at least three steps before a loud thud sounded from behind them, making them to come to an abrupt halt. A man had fallen, supposedly from the sky, and landed, not only on the concrete, but also on the pigeon.

The pair of interns stared with wide eyes, their gazes slowly travelling up to the sky, and then back down to each other, looking equally as shocked.

"Window washer fell from fifth floor scaffolding." Dr. Bailey presented, as the paramedics brought the man into the trauma room. "Dr. Walker, what can you tell me?"

"Uh, apart from an obvious open tib fib fracture, he seems to be okay." Marnie spoke, pulling on her gloves.

Grinning from ear to ear, George pressed his stethoscope to the man's chest. "Equal breath sounds. After a five story fall, he's got equal breath sounds. It's unbelievable, do you wanna hear?"

His resident raised her brow. "Somehow, I believe you." She brushed him off, turning to face Cristina as she entered the room. "Yang, get in there and palpate his abdomen."

She did as she was told, pressing her palms to his abdomen. "Does this hurt anywhere?" She asked him.

"No."

Marnie looked up as he spoke, her brows furrowing. "It doesn't hurt at all?"

"You fell from the sky." George enunciated, leaning closer to the man. "Five stories and you only injured your leg!"