Book 2-- Chapter 13 A Repeat Event

I'm warning you now that a lot of you are going to be ticked off at what's going to happen. So I'm apologizing now. This would have been up last night, but my internet went MIA. So here it is. Please continue reading&voting&commenting. Tell me EXACTLY what you think of this chapter. I don't care if your comment takes three boxes. I want to hear your opinion! Thanks much :)

--Madi

“Bye Chelsea!” I called as I clocked out of the diner. She waved and continued counting her tips. I made my way out into the evening. I shivered, despite the warm weather. I ignored the feeling of dread and climbed into my car. I turned on the radio and hummed along to the songs. I pulled into the driveway. I didn’t feel like pulling my car into the garage. I went through the garage door and let JJ out of his cage. He ran out into the yard and danced around trying to find a nice spot to relieve himself.

“Come on, JJ!” I called after he had finished. He rushed back into the garage and bounced up the stairs behind me. I ran upstairs and changed into a pair of cotton shorts and a tee shirt. I went back downstairs. JJ was sitting on the couch. I let him go; I didn’t really care if he slept there.

I went into the kitchen and grabbed a quick snack. I heard a noise outside. My blood froze. JJ’s ears perked up. I went around to all the windows and doors locking them. I wasn’t taking any chances.

Mark’s POV

I watched her circling the house, locking the doors and windows. I grinned to myself. She looked so beautiful, she’s grown up. She threw her mass of raven hair up into a pony tail. I liked it without the purple streaks.  She went downstairs and I lost my view. I quickly descended from my hiding spot and went to one of the downstairs windows. I sat under it, looking in just a little.

She looked nervous, she should be. I knew she was thinking of me. I loved how I affected her. The phone rang and she jumped.

“Hello?” she asked, trying to sound calm. I could hear the panic in her voice. She’s afraid it’s me. A smile spread across her face.

“Yeah you can come over that’s fine. I don’t know when Jace and Jack will me home.” She said. Damn, I had to work fast. She hung up the phone. How long did I have until the person came?

I quietly slipped around to the back of the house. I began to pick the lock. I had done it many times in practice. The door clicked and I pushed it open lightly. This was too easy.

I walked as quietly as I could across the kitchen. She didn’t even notice. The dog did, I heard it growling before it sat up, eyes locked on me. Shit. Izzy’s body froze. The phone was across the room, I could beat her. I crossed the room before she had time to move. I wrapped my arms around her, covering her mouth. I felt a tear hit my hand, she knew what was coming.

I bent down and whispered in her ear, “You’re so beautiful, Spitfire.” She shivered. The dog stood and started bark furiously. I yanked Izzy up and grabbed the dog. It snapped at my hand, trying to bite me. I tossed it outside and locked the door.

I drug Izzy back to the couch. I threw her down and lay on top on her.

“Please,” She begged, her voice muffled by my hand. I swept a piece of stray hair from her face. Goose bumps ran across her skin.

“Don’t be afraid,” I whispered. “It won’t hurt,”

She tried to escape my grasp. “Spitfire, stop it. We can do this the easy way or the hard way. Easy way: I’ll be gentle on you. Hard way: By the time I’m done you won’t be able to walk straight.” I hissed in her ear.

Her body began to shake as she cried. I wiped the tears from her face. “Don’t cry, baby, it’ll be ok.” I reassured her. I slipped my hand up under her shirt. Her skin was so soft, so warm. She grabbed hand, forcing it away. I grabbed one of the zip ties in my pocket. She fought against me, she’d gotten stronger. I shoved her hand back, securing it to the wooden arm of the couch. She fought harder with the one arm. She punched me hard in the stomach. I slapped her. Shock registered across her face. I tied the other arm.