Book 3-- Chapter 7 Comas and Chicken Noodle Soup

Here is the 7th Chapter Hope you enjoy Read Comment and Vote!

My head ached horribly. It felt as if a train had run over it. I nuzzled deeper into the soft pillow. I just wanted to sleep. The comfortable bed surrounded me, enticing me to sleep. I shot up.

I was in a room on a bed. My wrist was handcuffed to the iron headboard. The room was empty except for the bed and the chair when Clay sat staring at me.

“Morning princess,” He said.

“Where am I?” I demanded. I pulled myself back against the headboard. I pulled my knees close to my body.

“The place where I wanted to come originally,” Clay answered. He spun his gun around his finger. Jack.

“You killed him,” I screamed at him.

“Techniquely no, I didn’t. He was alive when we left.” Clay shrugged. My head snapped up and I stared at him. There was a chance that Jack is alive.

“Don’t get your hopes up. It probably took them three hours to assume the worst and send out another party. They wouldn’t have found him in time.” Clay smirked.

“How could you kill him, he was your nephew!” I shrieked, hopping that maybe that would make him feel the least bit remorseful. Instead he laughed toward me and pushed my head back choking me.

“No he wasn’t. I don’t give a shit what Grace thinks. That boy is not our family. Because what Mark did was wrong and sick. Jack didn’t want us and I don’t want him.” Clay hissed. He let me go and I choked.

“I’m supposed to feed her,” McKinley said tentatively from the door. Clay nodded and left the room. McKinley walked over to the bed and sat down beside me. She had a bowl of chicken noodle soup in her hands.

“I’m sorry about your brother,” She whispered. I bit my lip to hold back the tears.

“I’m still going to help you get out of this,” She said.

“No, you need to get yourself out. If you help they’ll kill you too,” I said. I brought a spoonful of soup to my mouth. I hadn’t realized how hungry I was.

“Brandon won’t kill me. Brad might, but Brandon will stop him.” She said, handing me a glass of water. I drank it quickly.

“He’s not the same as Brad. I know that sounds stupid, like I’m a love stuck teenager, but he isn’t. He’s different. He hasn’t done anything to hurt you.” She said. She looked over her shoulder to the room beyond the bedroom. Brandon sat on a chair reading his comic book.

“He truly is good,” McKinley said.

“Don’t let them fool you,” I begged her.

“He’s not fooling me—“

“I dated Brad,” I said. McKinley choked on the apple she was eating.

“Then he called himself Sam. The only reason he was dating me was so he could help Grace get revenge on my Mom. He was supposed to—he was supposed to hurt me. He didn’t get to though.” I told her. She looked to the dark bruise on my face. After being slapped four times and scratched I imagined it looked pretty disturbing.

“Did he do that do you?” She asked.

“The first time, yes.” I said.

“Why do they hate your Mom?” McKinley asked.

I took a tentative breath. I hated talking about it. “My mom killed their brothers.” I said.

“She what?” McKinley shrieked. “How could she do—“