Book 3-- Chapter 8 Beaten

So thankful to all of you guys I decided to post this. SO here ya go. Enjoy. Vote and Comment we have a rep to protect! #49 on the Thrillers list BABY!

Kali’s POV

The next morning McKinley came in with more soup.

“I’m starting to hate chicken noodle soup,” I whined as she feed me.

“I’m sorry,” She apologized.

“So ready to hear my plan?” I asked.

“Yeah,” She said.

“Ok so what I need you to do is turn Brandon against Brad. There has to be absolutely no margin for regret. Once you turn him against Brad we have to turn him against Grace. Then against Clay. Clay is going to be the hardest that’s why we’ll save him for last.” I whispered. McKinley nodded as she fed me another spoonful.

“How am I going to convince Brandon?” She asked.

“You’re on your own for that one. You’re his girlfriend I’m sure you’ll think of something.” I said. Brad came in then and we fell silent. He sat on the edge of the bed staring at us.

“What do you want?” I snapped. He shrugged and laughed.

“McKinley, leave I’ll feed her,” Brad sat. He grabbed the bowl from McKinley’s hands. She threw me one last look and then left.

“I’m not hungry,” I lied. Brad rolled his eyes and shoved the spoon in my mouth anyway.

“Poor little Kali. I’m truly going to miss you,” He whispered. He leaned forward and kissed me and in that one second I forgot that he was Brad. It was Sam. The Sam that as much as I hated to admit it I thought I loved.

“You’re going to miss me too,” He laughed, setting his forehead against mine.

“I’ll miss Sam,” I said. It wasn’t a lie.

“I’m sorry Grace wanted me to hurt you.” He said, reaching to my shackle and holding my hand.

“You’re different than them Brad,” I whispered. Maybe I could help along the process. If I could get Brad on our side I would defiantly be able to win.

“No I’m not we’re all the same.” He said, sadly. His sadness shocked me.

“No you’re not. You can be different. You can leave a good legacy behind. You can make the world forget about Mark and all the wrong he did.” I whispered, seductively in his ear.

“If I wasn’t like them would you love me?” He asked. He sounded so vulnerable.

“Yes,” I lied. I knew I could never love Sam/Brad because of what he did. I just couldn’t.

“I love you Kali,” He said, kissing my forehead.

“I love you too,” I replied. “Please Brad, you have to help me.”

He looked up at me. His eyes flooded with confusion. “What can I do?” He asked.

“Help me escape.” I said. He grabbed both sides of my face and pulled me towards him, kissing me. He held me there for a long time. It was getting harder to breath. I tried to pull back but his hands held me there. I tried to push him back with my legs. It wouldn’t work. I gasped for air, desperately. Brad let go and I collapsed back gasping. I slid the handcuffs to the bottom of the iron bars and lay down on the bed trying to catch my breath.

“Nice try,” Brad laughed as he jumped off the bed and went out the bedroom door. Damn it.

This time Clay came bursting into the room. Brad must have told him. He grabbed my hair and attempted to yank me off the bed. I screamed in pain as the shackle bit deep into my skin and my hair tugged at my scalp. He undid the shackles quickly and threw me off the bed. I landed hard on my side and gasped as the air left my lungs. He grabbed my bloody wrist and pulled me out of the room. He threw me back down on the floor and dialed a cell phone. He put in on speaker. After a few rings Kendal picked up.