Book 3-- Chapter 5

Read comment and vote please!

Izzy’s POV

It was like reliving my four years without him. Kendal, Kali, and Jack stayed away from the house as much as they could. Jace’s lemon scent was around every corner, waiting to smack me in the face. Adam was the only one who couldn’t run. He sat in the doorway to our—my—room and watched me as I attempted to box up Jace’s things.

“When is Daddy coming back?” He asked.

“Never honey,” I whispered.

“Why?” He cried.

“Because Daddy isn’t going to live with us anymore,” I murmured. I told you. Every guy is the same. They only want to hurt you. You’re a reject who they use to get what they want then they throw you away. The voice was definitely working for someone. It sat in my head screaming cruel and hurtful things at me all day. Maybe I should go to a doctor.

The phone rang, bringing me out of my daze.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Hey Mom,” Jack said.

“What’s up?” I asked. I slid duct tape over the box and wrote Jace on it. I put it with the other two. He’d get his things later right now he could settle with his clothes.

“My car won’t start can you come get me?” He asked. He sounded awkward and nervous.

“Of course,” I said. I picked up the first box of clothes and chucked it over the railing to the first floor. The other two followed behind it. Adam trailed behind me as I went downstairs and loaded them into the car.

----

“I’m sorry you had to come down here,” Jack said. I shrugged and handed him two of the boxes.

“While I’m here,” I answered. Jack set down his boxes on the car and grabbed my arm.

“Dad said he didn’t do it Mom,” He whispered.

“All men say they didn’t cheat Jack.” I muttered.

“I believe him,” Jack said. I dug my nails into the box. It was like another bomb going off in my chest.

“I don’t care what you believe Jack. I saw the messages and it’s all the proof I need.” I snapped. He nodded and released my arm. I marched into the police station. I pushed Jace’s door open with my back and went to face the damn cheater.

----

Jace’s POV

The frosted glass on the door became black as someone leaned against it. I waited for Heidi to appear. The door opened and the familiar mass of black curls was all I saw.

“Izzy,” I shouted, jumping up.

“Sit,” She ordered. I sat. I’d do anything she wanted to get her to believe me.

Jack followed her carrying two boxes. My name was scrawled on them in her curvy handwriting. I sighed and set my head in my hands.

“Your clothes,” She said. I nodded. I was completely lost for words. No matter what I told her I knew she wouldn’t believe me.

“I’ll pack up the rest of your stuff and have Jack bring it to you,” She said. Her eyes scanned my desk.  They looked on the picture of her and me at Ocean City. Her brow furrowed for a minute then I one quick motion she slammed it down on the desk.

There was so much pain her brilliant blue eyes I wanted so desperately to hug her until it went away. To make matters worse than they were Heidi came bouncing in. She stopped short at the sight of Izzy. From my desk I could smell the rose perfume. She’d sent the messages. She’d sent the reply. She must have. She was purposely trying to break Izzy and me up. If only I knew why.