Book 3-- Chapter 11 Pain

Well I hope this has the same effect on you as it did on me. I've never cried writing this book, but I bawled even thinking about this chapter. So there is your warning. If you don't want to read it don't. Comments, votes, reviews are always appreciated. Oh and this is not the end btw. More to come after this.

Izzy’s POV

“Bye Jace,” I called from the kitchen. Adam sat at the table munching on his cereal.

“Bye,” Jace whispered, wrapping me in a tight hug. I laughed and kissed him then pushed him out the door.

“See you later,” I called after him. I turned back and Adam was on the top of the stairs holding his cereal bowl over the banister. He dumped it upside down and all the milk poured onto poor JJ who was sleeping under him. JJ jumped up and skidded across the floor spraying milk everywhere.

“Adam David Dawson, get down here!” I shouted. He smiled and climbed down the stairs. I told Jace it was a bad idea to make his initials ADD. We were asking for it.

“Time out, now.” I said. Adam set his bowl down and marched over to the dining room table. He sat down.

I went into the kitchen and grabbed the paper towels. I found JJ hiding in the guest bedroom on the bed.

“JJ,” I complained. He looked up at me. That poor dog. I led him into the bathroom and put him in the tub. As soon as the water hit him he went nuts, trying to jump out.

“JJ no!” I shouted. He calmed down long enough for me to shampoo him. Then he was done. He jumped out and went skirting across the floor. I chased after him and only managed to succeed in falling.

“JJ what are you doing?” I heard Jack ask. “Adam where is Mom,”

“Batroom,” Adam mumbled. Jack came into the bathroom with a much calmer JJ. He always liked Jack better, he never tortured him. Jack looked to me on the ground and smirked.

“Please give your dog a bath,” I begged, climbing up.

“My dog?” Jack asked, laughing.

“Yes your dog. If I remember correctly you wanted a dog or a little sister,”  I said.

“And being the loving mother you are you gave me both,” Jack said. He put JJ back into the bathtub and began to rinse him off. JJ wagged his tail and licked Jack’s face.

I went back to the hall to clean up Adam’s milk bomb and JJ’s soapy trail. After cleaning that I went into the guest bedroom and stripped the bed and took the blankets to the laundry room. The phone began to ring. It clicked off and I heard Kendal talking. The phone hit the ground.

“MOM!” Kendal screamed. I ran out to the living room. Kendal was standing over the phone shaking. Jayden stood beside him looking lost.

“What, what’s wrong?” I asked.

“They found her, they found Kali,” he whispered. “She’s in the hospital.” At the sound of Kali’s name Jack came rushing out of the bathroom. JJ went off to find another hiding place. We all stood in the living room. I shook my head coming out of the shock.

“Well why are we standing here?” I shouted. I scooped up Adam and we all raced out to the car.

“Hello Izzy, she’s in room 719,” The nurse at the station said when our large party entered the lobby. I didn’t even think about that being the room I was in after I killed Mark, we just ran.

There were two police officers outside her door. They smiled at us, a reassuring smile. We went inside the room. Kali lay on the bed looking horrible. Her face was in the last ugly stages of a bruise. Her wrists were bandaged up. She looked to the door and burst into tears. Then stopped abruptly clutching her side.