Book 3-- Chapter 16 Lucky Son of a Bitch

I felt really bad for killing Izzy :'( More chapters after this one... basically wrap up chapters but still worth reading! Suggest what you want them to be about! I won't write them until I get around 5 suggestions! So you know what to do in this position:

Private Message me

Instant message me

Leave it in a comment

Post it on my profile

"I've lost it, Jace." David said. I looked at him. He was staring down at the ambulance with the three gurneys in front of it.

"Why?" I muttered.

"That sheet's moving," he said. I followed his gaze to one of the gurneys. The white blood stained sheet was spazmatically rising and falling.

"That sheet is moving!" I shouted. The EMT's in front of the ambulance looked back. Their eyes bugged when they saw it. They rushed over to it and ripped it back. Izzy lay there with her eyes closed, but she was very much breathing. The ambulance roared to life and Izzy was loaded into it. All the members of our family scrambled down the porch and climbed into a car. We followed the ambulance to the hospital. We were stopped in the waiting room. An EMT explained the situation to a nurse and she nodded sullenly. She led us to a special waiting room for emergency surgeries.

"Dr. Galen is on call today he'll be doing the surgery. He's a very good surgeon, she's in good hands. He'll be out in a minute to explain the procedure and answer any of your questions." The nurse said. She looked at the crowd in front of her and shook her head.

"Would you like anything?" She asked. No one answered her. We wanted to talk to the doctor. She smiled sadly and disappeared. Adam crawled onto my lap.

"Is Mommy coming?" He asked. I smiled at him. He huffed at my answer but didn't burst into tears. Kali sat across the room in Kendal's lap. She had her head on Jack's shoulder crying. Chase held her hand. None of the boys looked remotely hopeful.

"Hello I'm Dr. Galen," A grey haired balding man walked into the room. "Which one of you is her husband?" He asked.

"Me," I said. He held out his hand and I shook it quickly.

"I'm here replacing Dr. Daniels. The surgery your wife needs is very complicated. I need to warn you that there may be complications. She's lost a large amount of blood. We have the bleeding stopped and are getting ready to start the surgery. We just want you to be aware that she might not make it." Dr. Galen said. We all nodded and Kali started to cry louder.

"I'll do everything I can," He assured us. He left.

"Mommy ok?" Adam asked.

"Don't worry Adam," I said. I didn't have the heart to tell him that Izzy might not make it. I couldn't give him that hope then take it away if Izzy died.

"I want Mommy," Adam cried.

"I know Adam," I said, holding him. He pushed me away. He climbed down and stood in the middle of the room with his hands on his hips.

"I WANT MY MOMMY!" He screamed.

"Mommy is sick Adam she has to get--"

"I WANT MY MOMMY NOW!" Adam screamed again.

"SHUT UP ADAM!" Kali screamed at him.

"I WANT--"

"We know Adam!" She shouted. Adam's bottom lip began to shake. Kali sighed and craddled her head in her hands. Adam started to cry.