Ch.13 Fear

Chapter 13

"Thirty minutes," Archer bickered. "I said thirty minutes."

"How am I supposed to take in all that beauty in thirty minutes?" Mila shrugged.

"You spent twenty minutes just taking pictures!"

"Well, if you were a better photographer, we would have finished quicker!"

"If you were more photogenic we wouldn't need to take multiple shots!"

"You were behind the camera," Mila said. "I'm not used to smiling at ugly people."

"Ugly?" Archer's eyes widened. "Did you just call me ugly?"

"Are you deaf or do you like being insulted twice?"

"You think this is ugly?" Archer motioned toward his very handsome face.

"I've seen better," Mila laughed.

"In your dreams," Archer turned towards the doorman. "Hey, sir. Hi. Do you think I'm ugly?"

"He has self-confidence issues," Mila told the old man who stared in confusion.

"Look at me," Archer walked towards the door. "Don't look at her."

"Archer, you're being ridiculous," Mila rolled her eyes.

"Am I ugly?" Archer asked the man once more. "Take a good look. Look at this jawline."

"Sir...." the man cleared his throat. "You are...pretty."

"I'll take it!" Archer whirled around to face Mila. "In your face."

"Oh, you've defeated me," Mila said with no emotion in her voice. "How will I overcome this shame?"

"Ugly, my ass," Archer snorted. "Have you ever seen me shirtless?"

"Yes," Mila turned towards the hotel. "I almost threw up."

"I remember seeing a little drool, topolina," Archer smirked. "And those eyes of yours were definitely appreciating something."

"I really hit a nerve, didn't I?" Mila looked over her shoulder. "Wow, you're considered."

"It's called self-love."

"Because no one else will love you?" Mila frowned. "How sad."

Despite the irritation, Archer felt at having to spend his entire day being pushed and shoved by tourists, a laugh bubbled out of him. He was surprised to find how quick and sharp Mila's tongue was. She may look quiet and meek, but her thoughts were anything but.

"If you'll excuse me," Mila sighed as she walked farther into the hotel and stepped into the elevator. Archer followed her. "I have more important people to talk to."

"Your grandma?" Archer snorted.

"Don't come for my grandma," Mila warned. "I'll cut you."

Archer laughed once again shaking his head. He stood leaned back against the wall as Mila stared up at the small arrow telling them which floor they were on. The piano tune playing in the background filled the air before being interrupted by Archer's phone.

"It's Mona again," Mila said, looking down at the screen as Archer pulled it out. "Mona darling."

Archer didn't say anything as he shoved it back into his pocket.

"Hot date?" Mila asked.

"No," Archer answered.

"One night stand you're avoiding," Mila concluded.