Ch.30 Decisions Decisions

Chapter 30

Twenty-two years ago

It took everything in Giovanni's power to not reach across the table and strangle the man before him.

Salvatore Forni came to Del Mare as a nobody. He worked for Giovanni's family in their factories for many years until he started to mingle with the Irishmen. Giovanni should have killed the man as soon as he started to become a problem. But he didn't. And now he was paying the price.

Salvatore leaned forward and placed his hands on the table, "How are we going to do this, Giovanni?"

"I have to give it to you, Forni," Giovanni smirked. "You went from working at my factories to sitting at the same table as me. That's impressive."

"Hard work pays off," Salvatore grinned.

"Aren't you worried the Irish will slaughter you and your whole family if they hear about this?"

"Not if our deal goes through," Salvatore said.

"You're ambitious man," Giovanni remarked. "You do know you're playing with fire, correct?"

"That's the only way to the top," Salvatore said, his eyes growing serious. "I was made for the life you have. I worked hard all my life. But following the rules and obeying the law get you nowhere in life. I learned that pretty quickly in Del Mare."

"There were other ways to get my attention," Giovanni said. "You didn't have to touch my fiance."

"Wasn't my call," Salvatore leaned back. "The Irishmen wanted her. I'm doing you a favor."

"How generous of you," Giovanni rolled his eyes.

"Listen," Salvatore leaned forward again. "I could have delivered her to them if I wanted to."

"But you saw an opportunity to help yourself," Giovanni finished for him.

"Yeah," Salvatore nodded.

"How much do you want?"

"I don't want money."

Giovanni's eyes narrowed, "Then what do you want?"

"I want a cut of your business," Salvatore smiled.

"Done," Giovanni did not hesitate.

Anjali's life and her safety meant more to him than anything else in the world. He would give into any demand Salvatore made. He just had to get Anjali back. Whatever happened to Salvatore after that was his own doing.

Hearing Giovanni's answer, Salvatore paused for a second. He seemed surprised as if he hadn't expected such a quick agreement.

"I want fifty percent," he added.

"Ten percent," Giovanni said.

"Forty five," Salvatore's brows furrowed.

"Twenty percent," Giovanni held his gaze.

"Thirty."

"Done."

Salvatore chuckled. Giovanni arched his brow, wondering what the man found so humorous.

"I would have settled for ten," Salvatore shook his head. "You're not so good at your business."

The corner of Giovanni's mouth curved up, "I would have caved for fifty."

The smile on Salvatore's face slipped. Giovanni leaned forward with mockery in his eyes.

"Seems like you're not a seasoned player in this game yet, Forni."