Ch.42 With all my heart

Chapter 42

Archer's face turned red with anger as he glared at Mila, his frustration simmering beneath the surface. He couldn't believe the reckless actions she had just taken, and he was struggling to contain his emotions.

"You're out of your fuckin' mind!" Archer yelled, his voice laced with anger and concern. He couldn't take his eyes off the gun still clutched in Mila's trembling hands. "Put that down, will you? I'm here. I'm not going anywhere. If you had let me explain-"

Mila's eyes flashed with anger as she cut him off, her voice just as intense.

"Explain what?" she shouted, her grip on the gun tightening. "Explain how you fed me all those lies last night only to leave me this morning?"

Archer's jaw clenched his frustration mounting. He desperately wanted to reach through to Mila, to make her understand. "I wasn't going to leave you!"

"I don't believe you!" Mila's voice cracked with doubt as she fired back, her eyes welling up with tears. Her emotions were a tumultuous storm.

Archer's chest heaved with frustration, his voice carrying a mix of anger and disbelief.

"Mila," he began, drawing in a slow, deep breath in an effort to maintain his composure, "You, you stupid idiot. I asked you to marry me this morning. Why would I do that if I was going to leave you?"

Mila's response was a furious outburst, her words like a torrent of emotion. "I don't know! You're all messed up! And it's driving me insane! How could you even listen to them?"

The tension in the car was crackled, and Archer's temples throbbed with the intensity of his emotions.

"I didn't!" he retorted, his voice edged with exasperation. "Listen to the words that are coming out of my mouth! I am not leaving you. Ever. You are my life. I love you, and you're driving me insane."

Mila fell silent, her shoulders sagging as she slumped back in her seat. Her brows were knitted together in a deep V-shape, a silent testament to her inner turmoil.

With a calmer tone, Archer leaned closer, concern etched into his features. "Can you give me the gun now?" he implored.

Mila's refusal was resolute as she shook her head. "No."

Archer pressed for a reason, his voice tinged with desperation. "Why not?"

Mila's retort was sassy, a spark of defiance in her eyes. "I might need it."

Archer's eyes widened in alarm. "For what purpose?"

A wicked grin curled on Mila's lips as she shot back, "To shoot you in the head if you don't listen to me."

Archer couldn't help but snort in response to Mila's defiance. "You don't even know how to use it," he quipped. "What are you going to do if I tackle you right now?"

"Try it and see," Mila muttered, her gaze fixated on the passing scenery outside the car window. Anxiety had clouded her eyes, and she began to chew on her bottom lip, lost in her own thoughts.

Archer remained silent, his attention on the road, his destination a blur of uncertainty. He drove until he could go no more without running into Giovanni's men. Pulling over to the side of the road, he began to question Mila, his voice laced with impatience.

"What's your grand plan, captain?" Archer asked. "Where do we go? Where will your dad not find us?"

Mila muttered, "I don't know."

Archer let out a humorless chuckle. "Fantastic. We're going to die. Giovanni's going to think I put you up to this, and he's going to shoot me."

Glaring at him, Mila snapped, "I don't have a plan. I didn't think I would need a plan. If this is bothering you so much, just take me back."