Ch.34 A King And A Queen

Chapter 34

Somewhere in Italy

Mila's eyes fluttered open, and for a brief moment, her surroundings seemed distant and unfamiliar. The bright sunlight filtering through the curtains cast a harsh spotlight over the room, amplifying the disoriented feeling that gripped her. A dull ache pulsed at the base of her skull, and a sense of queasiness settled heavily in her stomach.

As she shifted slightly in bed, the world seemed to sway around her. The soft creak of the floorboards beneath her movement was amplified in her ears, making her wince. She brought a hand to her forehead, the coolness of her skin contrasting with the clamminess she felt. Each touch felt strange, as if her own body was a puzzle she couldn't quite solve.

With a deep breath, Mila attempted to sit up, only to be met with a wave of dizziness that nearly knocked her back down. The room spun momentarily, and she closed her eyes, trying to steady herself. A faint, lingering taste in her mouth made her grimace; she realized she was parched, yet the idea of moving was daunting.

"Good morning, princess."

Mila felt her heart quiver as the deep voice greeted her from somewhere in the room. Her senses began to return and she suddenly remembered the docks.

"Slow down," the voice chuckled as Mila sat up in bed.

"Who are you?" Mila asked, blinking several times to clear the haze in her vision. "Where am I?"

"You don't remember me?" The figure began to move closer.

Mila scurried back to the bed and rubbed her eyes, desperate to get her sight back.

"Look again," the man came to sit beside her on the bed. Mila's stomach churned as he grabbed her wrists and pulled her hands down.

Blinking several times, Mila's vision began to slowly clear. Her gaze fell on the man sitting before her and she felt her heart sink.

"Aiden?" She frowned recognizing him immediately.

"Hi," Aiden smiled. "Long time, huh?"

"What is this?" Mila questioned. "Why am I here? Who are you?"

"So many questions," Aiden chuckled.

"Why am I here?" Mila asked again, her heart pounding in her chest. "Where's Archer?"

"Relax, Mila," Aiden sat back. "No one is going to hurt you as long as mommy and daddy do everything we tell them to."

"What?" Mila's head spun. "Who's we? Why.....what do you want from my parents?"

Suddenly, the old worn-out door to the small room opens and a man with silvery white hair walked in. his wide shoulders blocked the doorway as his piercing gaze landed on the bed where Mila shivered in one corner and Aiden sat before her.

"You were supposed to call me when she woke up," the man said.

"She just woke up," Aiden sighed and slowly stood up.

The man nodded. He turned his attention back towards Mila and took a step forward. His gaze lingered on her, making her skin crawl and her back shiver.

"Who are you?" Mila asked, her heart shaking. "What do you want?"

"It's always the same questions," the man said looking towards Aiden. "Who are you? What do you want? Why am I here?"

Aiden chuckled. The sound filled the tiny room and made Mila's stomach clench with discomfort.

"Your dad is very worried about you," the man looked back at Mila. "I never knew I would live to see this day. Giovanni Capello dancing to my tunes."