Ch.15 Dil Se...

Chapter 15

"You don't need to be here for this," Drew said to Archer as they stepped into the store. Mila followed behind.

"Giovanni said I have to go wherever she goes," Archer informed her. "You don't need to be here."

"He asked me to take her shopping," Drew's eyes narrowed.

"Both of you can leave," Mila suggested from the back as she pushed past them.

Archer and Drew looked at each other and then at Mila.

"No," Archer said. "You have horrible fashion sense."

"I do not," Mila scuffed.

"You do," Drew strolled ahead as one of the sales assistants approached her with a bright smile. "I need to see your new summer collection. Show me everything. Shirts, pants, skirts, dresses, handbags, jewelry."

"I do not need all th-" Mila protested when Drew looked over her shoulder.

"Shut up," she said. "You will get what I tell you to. Giovanni gave me a task and I intend to do it right so don't be a pain in my ass."

Mila closed her mouth but her eyes narrowed to form sharp daggers. Her hands balled into fists as Archer nudged her toward the direction the shop assistant was leading them.

"I need some deep greens, grays, and dark blues," Drew handed out instructions as a few more assistances began to walk toward her. "Also, book a hair appointment with Pier and have the nail technicians ready."

"Drew," Mila spoke up once again. "I am not-"

"What did I tell you about keeping your mouth shut?" Drew turned and stepped closer.

"I don't take orders from you," Mila met her head-on.

"Then take it up with your dad," Drew hissed. "You think I want to do this?"

"Fine," Mila said, pulling out her cell phone.

"Oh, no, no, no," Archer snatched it out of her hand. "The last thing we need is for Giovanni to think we're bullying his poor topolina."

Drew's eyes flickered towards him, "You're right."

"I always am," Archer pushed his phone into his pocket and turned to face Mila. "Cooperate and this will be painless. For all of us."

"I hate you both so much," Mila said.

"Aww, we hate you too," Archer grinned. "Now go do as she says."

The anger boiling inside of Mila's chest pushed all the steam up to her eyes. She felt the corner of her eyes water as she ground her teeth and bit down on the inside of her cheeks. She wasn't going to let them see her cry, even if they were angry tears. She wasn't going to show weakness.

"Let's go," Drew snapped her finger. "Into the dressing room."

Throwing her bag down on the armchairs by the dressing room, Mila pulled off her shoes and then followed the young woman to the mirrored room behind the curtains. She was asked to strip down to her undies as they pulled out their measuring tapes and scales. Mila was placed on a wooden platform in the center of the room. She was surrounded by mirrors while her measurements were taken and her color palette was decided. Drew gave out more orders as the young girls hurried off and brought back racks full of dresses and shirts and shirts.

"I don't like it," She said as Mila turned to show her a black mini-dress.

"I do," Mila shook her hips to make the tassels dance. "It's fun."