Ch.25 Untouchable

Chapter 25

"Archer...." Mila's voice quivered, her eyes wide with a mix of fear and uncertainty. "Archer, Archer!"

"You're fine," Archer reassured her, his grip on her hand firm and steady. "Just look at me. Keep looking at me."

Her heart pounded in her throat as her legs moved in the water. Archer guided her gently toward the deeper end of the pool. He moved slowly, cautious not to overwhelm her, but determined to help her conquer her fears.

Mila's eyes remained locked with his, seeking comfort and reassurance. She trusted him, and at that moment, Archer knew he couldn't let her down. He was determined to be her rock, to show her that she could do this, that she could conquer her fear of the water.

As they waded deeper, Archer could feel the rapid beating of her heart through the grip of her hand. His own heart ached at the sight of her fear, but he pushed aside his own emotions, focusing solely on helping her.

He knew he had to be patient and understanding, to give her the time she needed to find her courage. The thought of her being in danger, struggling against the waves, sent shivers down his spine. He couldn't bear the idea of her sinking beneath the surface, feeling breathless and hollow at the mere thought of it.

"Take a deep breath," he said gently, his voice soft but firm. "You've got this, Mila. I'm right here with you."

With his steady presence beside her, Mila took a deep breath, trying to steady her nerves. Archer could see the determination in her eyes, and he felt a surge of pride. He knew she could do this.

"Good," he encouraged, as she took another breath and found her balance in the water. "Now, I want you to kick your legs gently and paddle your arms."

"No, no," Mila shook her head.

Her hands moved to his shoulders and she pulled herself closer. Their bodies collided underwater and instantly every muscle in Archer's body tensed. His own heart began to beat as Mila's legs tangled with his and she hooked her arms around his neck, pulling herself closer until they were pressed against one another with nothing but her wet bathing suit between them.

Archer's breathing labored. His thoughts began to trail down a very different path as Mila's shaky breath hit his ears. His senses were overwhelmed by the softness of her skin against his, the warmth of her body, and the scent of her hair. The intensity of his emotions left him breathless. Archer's mind became consumed by the desire to hold Mila even closer.

As they floated in the water, Archer's senses were heightened, and he felt an overwhelming urge to kiss her again. But he resisted. He just wanted to savor her closeness and feel her breathing against him.

"Mila..." Archer spoke her name softly.

Mila pulled back just enough to look at his eyes. The water leaped up to her chin, pushing her up and down as she clung to him.

Archer's gazed down at her, holding her firmly as he pushed them backward and turned to place her against the edge of the pool. Mila's feet barely touched the bottom. She used all her strength to hold onto Archer's shoulders to keep herself from sinking.

"You're fine," Archer laughed to ease her.

Mila swallowed and nodded, her eyes still panicked.

"Beathe," Archer pressed her closer to the edge of the pool.

"I am!" Mila snapped.

"Camly," Archer shook his head.

"I want to get out," Mila said.