Ch.19 Make a splash

Chapter 19

All the soft curves of Mila's body molded against Archer like clay. His head was plaid on her chest, listening to her slow heartbeat. His warm hand spread over her bare belly and his messy hair brushed against Mila's cheek.

With absolute stillness, Mila stared at the ceiling of Archer's room. She was afraid to breathe and wake him as he nestled closer and sighed against her chest. Like sparks before a fire, Mila felt her skin hum with energy.

"Hmm," Archer mumbled in his sleep, his hand pushing upwards.

Mila bit down on her bottom lip to keep herself from making any sounds. Her hand moved to Archer's hair and she gently combed it through, hoping to offer him some comfort in his sleep. The morning light coming in through the window was hazy and warm. But it had nothing to do with the way Mila's body heated.

"Bellissima." Archer breathed.

Beautiful? Mila's lips parted.

But she had no time to think as Archer's hand began to push upwards. His finger and palm seared heat over her belly and waist as he moved over her smooth skin and rolled half his body onto her.

"Mmm," Archer groaned as his shoulders pinned Mila to the bed and he moved his face upwards towards her neck.

Mila could no longer control her pulse. It started to beat like a racehorse inside of her chest. Her throat dried and her legs felt funny. Darting out her tongue, she licked her bottom lip and pulled it between her teeth as Archer moved his head and brushed his nose along her jaw.

"A-archer," Mila's voice shook as the sparks became overwhelming.

She placed her hand over his shoulder and pushed gently, trying to wake him from his sleep. Mila knew he wouldn't be too happy if he woke up and found them tangled.

"Kitty cat," Archer sighed once more with a smile on his lips. "Red....kitty cat."

Mila gasped as Archer's hand squeezed her waist. For a second she wondered if he was awake and messing with her. Her hands pushed him once more and he immediately protested.

"Five more minutes," Archer mumbled, rolling off of Mila and turning away.

Taking advantage of her freedom, Mila rolled out of bed and turned to leave. She gathered the pleats of her saree in one hand and twirled her pallu around her arm as she tiptoed towards the door and pulled it open. Looking over her shoulder towards Archer on the bed, Mila backed out of the room and gently shut the door.

"Good morning."

Gasping, Mila whirled around. Her heart leaped into her throat and her brain froze as she stared at the woman before her.

"Mila? Right?" the woman smiled.

Mila nodded her head.

"It's so nice to meet you," the woman stepped forward and kissed her cheeks. "I'm Mona. Archer's mother."

"O-oh," Mila wanted to crawl into a hole and never come out as Mona's eyes flickered towards Archer's door.

"Is he still asleep?" She asked.

"Mhm," Mila nodded.

"He has a bad habit of sleeping in late."

Mona laughed with ease as if she didn't just catch a girl sneaking out of her son's room. The woman's calmness blossomed into irritation in Mila's mind. Was she used to this type of situation? How many girls had she caught sneaking out of Archer's room early in the morning?