Ch.20 Daddy's Little Girl

Chapter 20

Simplicity at its finest ...

As Mila lay on the bed, her heart still racing from the swimming lesson with Archer, she couldn't help but feel a whirlwind of emotions. Her cheeks flushed with a deep shade of pink as she buried her face in the pillow, trying to hide her embarrassment. It was becoming increasingly clear to her that she had developed a massive crush on Archer, and it was becoming more challenging to keep her feelings in check.

She groaned softly, feeling a mixture of excitement and nervousness bubbling within her. Just the thought of Archer made her heart flutter. She found herself daydreaming about him more often than she would like to admit. Every little interaction with him left her feeling dizzy and intoxicated, as if she were under a spell she couldn't break. The way Archer's eyes locked onto hers, his warm touch, and the tenderness in his voice...it all played on a loop in Mila's mind.

Her thoughts had become an uncontrollable rollercoaster ride, with Archer as the center of it all. She tried to focus on other things, but his image seemed to dominate her mind, distracting her from everything else. Mila rolled over on the bed, gripping the pillow tightly against her chest as she let out a deep sigh. She knew she had to get a grip on her feelings, but it was easier said than done. The intensity of her crush was undeniable, and she couldn't deny the butterflies that fluttered in her stomach every time he crossed her mind.

As she lay there, a light knock on the door pulled her out of her thoughts. Mila sat up as the door handle turned and Giovanni stepped inside.

"Hey," Mila smiled, feeling unsure of where his mood was after the drama at the breakfast table.

"Busy?" Giovanni asked, noticing the papers and laptop on Mila's bed.

"No," Mila shook her head. "I was trying to write but..."

"How are your classes?"

"They're fine," Mila said. "Just a bunch of useless readings and discussion boards."

"Have you been keeping up?"

"Mhm," Mila nodded.

"Good," Giovanni smiled, his eyes tired. "Mila, I'm sorry about what happened this morning."

Mila sat still staring at her father.

"I don't know why Emily would do such a thing," Giovanni said. "She's really not like that."

"It's okay," Mila said quietly. "She's young. And I'm sure suddenly having an older cousin isn't easy either."

"You were very sweet with her," Giovanni said. "Thank you for that. I think she needed that touch of kindness."

"I didn't like seeing her cry," Mila sighed. "I wish Zia wasn't so hard on her. She has a dance recital and she was so excited about her sleepover."

"Actions have consequences," Giovanni said. "Emily needs to learn that before she does something else."

"Usually a first-time offender gets off with community service," Mila said. "If Em has always been a good kid then shouldn't her punishment be less?"

"The weight of the crime determines the punishment," Giovanni said. "It doesn't matter if it's a first offense or second."

"But-"

"This is for Emily's own good," Giovanni said. "I'm glad you're worried about her but I won't budge on Arianne's decisions. She made the right call."

Mila's heart sank. She sat quietly with a frown on her face as she thought of the little girl. Somewhere deep inside her heart, Mila began to wonder what would happen if she were to make a mistake. How would Giovanni react?