『Ch. 01』

God.

This place really is disgusting...

I had been in the club for about fifteen minutes now. I had wandered around to try and find my target. Multiple men had come up to me, but none were the right guy.

This place is probably crawling with disease and STD's...

I walked over to the bar and leaned on the counter. I looked at the bartender and waved him down.

"Whatcha' need there?" He gave off a really nice aura. He's too good to be working somewhere like this...

"What's the strongest drink you have tonight?"

"Well..." He thought for a second. "We have a special beverage called the 'Devil's Kiss'. It's a very popular drink here." He smiled at me while he cleaned a glass.

"I'll take it." I put a hundred on the counter and smiled.

I probably shouldn't be drinking on the job...

"Oh my, this is far more than we charge-"

"You keep the extra." He seemed surprised but smiled nonetheless.

"I... One Kiss coming up." He laughed a bit, and I smiled softly.

He eventually came back with the drink, and we talked for a bit.

"So, can I have the pleasure of knowing your name?" A warm smile came over his face as I spoke.

"My name is Will. And you?" I smiled as I took another sip from my drink.

"(Y/n). Nice to meet you, Will." We chatted for a while longer as he did his job. I still kept a lookout for the target, but Will had taken most of my attention.

I relaxed in my seat and looked around the club for anyone who looked similar to the target. Will had gotten busy; a 'rush time' he said. I stood by myself, a little irritable. I didn't really feel alone, though. I felt like I was being watched. Not just stared at; I was being watched. It gave me slight goosebumps, but I shook off the feeling as paranoia and changed my focus.

I pulled out a small booklet out of my coat and tried to read it in the dim lights of the club.

•- - - - - - - - - - - - -•

Target #96
Un-caught
Name: James A. Sparce
Age: 40's

Important Notes:
He'll go for anyone
Doesn't have a preference for any specific people
Always have a weapon around
Tends to drop at bars and seedy clubs
He often weakens people by strangling them to the point of near unconsciousness

•- - - - - - - - - - - - -•

Hm...

"Excuse me, Peach~" A voice snapped me out of my head, and I looked up. A mostly drunken man stood in front of me.

A mostly drunken man, who was also my target.

"Hm?" I tried to play everything off and look calm. The feeling of being watched was horrible now. I could feel eyes burning into my skull... Who is staring at me?

"What's a *hic* pretty girl like you doing here all alone~?" He put one hand on the bar and leaned on it.

"Just trying to enjoy my time." I smiled and put the booket back in my pocket.

"Well, why don't you come with me~ I have plenty of things for you to do." He moved my chin up with his hand and winked at me. I took a breath and played along. I, and many others, wanted this man dead. So, he wasn't leaving here alive... He was truly a dead man walking.