『 Ch. 19 』

A silence.

Everything seemed so nice, you felt calm. You were laying in bed with the love of your life, staring at his beauty. You did this every morning, but you couldn't help it. Just seeing the sun highlights every detail of his face filled you with happiness; any detail people would consider an imperfection, you considered an adorable quirk. He was yours, and you loved that. You loved him.

"You're staring again..." His groggy voice spoke up as he slowly opened his eyes. You simply smiled and kissed him on the cheek, and he sighed in return. "You're so w-weird."

"Maybe, but you're the one who loves that weirdo." He stared at you with a complicated expression, but a smile replaced it soon after. He slowly sat up stretching his back as he did so.

He slowly got out of bed revealing himself to only be in his underwear. You whistled at him and he glared in response while putting pants on. You, of course, thought you were hilarious. He walked over to you and leaned his head on top of yours.

"I don't w-wanna eat breakf-fast." He groaned and you finally stood up and walked over to his dresser to steal some clothes.

"Breakfast is the most important part of the day! You can't skip out on that." You pulled out some sweatpants and a random shirt. You threw them on before heading to the bathroom with Toby trailing after you.

"But they're loud." You got two toothbrushes you found last night and put toothpaste one both. You gave one to Toby and smiled.

"Then we'll get food and come back up here. Or, we can go outside. But we will be eating." You began brushing your teeth, and Toby rolled his eyes before doing the same.

It didn't take you long to get ready. You weren't really a morning person, but something about Toby energized you...

The both of you made your way downstairs and into the kitchen. It surprised you how many people were actually awake. There were even a few people fully dressed up already, Jane obviously being one. You appreciated her efforts, even if you didn't have the motivation to do all that yourself. Toby decided to stay downstairs and eat, he helped you cook some French toast and eggs. He said he'd never had it before, so you were more than willing to make it for him. He did end up liking it, he even tried to make a piece for himself... Tried... You, out of love and mild pity, helped him make two more slices.

After the both of you ate, Toby had to go on a mission since he had been gone for so long. You were upset you couldn't go with him, but you did think that you should relax. You ended up in the garden, you never had a green thumb. You killed every plant you got. You even found a way to kill succulents; but, you couldn't help but be drawn to nature. The garden looked really well kept. It was really nice, each flower looks specially picked for their place.

"I guess you like the flowers, huh?" You smooth voice called out from behind you. You turned and-

Jesus fuck was this guy tall.

He looked almost seven feet tall. He didn't really look threatening, though. His skin was a greyish color and his hair was black. He took a few steps closer and you could see he had a mask on. It was blue with this strange black substance leaking from the eyes. He was also decked out in gardening gear.

"Jack." He spoke up and you realized you were staring, you smiled and fully turned to him.

"I apologize, I got caught off guard and you kinda spooked me!" You laughed a bit and he waved his hand.

"Nah, it's fine. I get that a lot." The more he spoke you could here the sleep in his voice. His words came out slow; but not in the methodical sense, in the not entirely there sense...